Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Which cult does have the Flaming Bow runic spell?

Which cult does have the Flaming Bow runic spell?

Postby gran_orco » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:40 pm

I have noticed that most of the AiG spells come from Cult Compendium. But there are some like this (Flaming Bow) that I cannot find. I am interested in purchasing the books from Moon Design with these spells. Which are these books, please?
gran_orco

Re: Which cult does have the Flaming Bow runic spell?

Postby gran_orco » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:47 pm

No idea?
gran_orco

Postby loz » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:20 pm

Flaming Bow appears in Enclosure #1. I don't have that copy, although I do have Enclosure #2. This might help: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha/enclosure/
loz

Postby gran_orco » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:14 am

Ouch, it seems very difficult to get a copy (I've tried to email Neil Robinson but that email dosn't exist anymore :cry: ). With good reason it was so complicated to find the cult with this spell. Thank you for your help, anyway.
gran_orco

Postby loz » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:54 am

Given it's nature, it may well be a Dara Happan spell for Sagittus archers, but I could be wrong.
loz

Postby Gloranphile » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:42 pm

In Enclosure #1, p. 32, the Divine spell Flaming Bow is given to the Grazer culture (Yu-kargzant).
Longtime RuneQuest player, loving Mythras, currently running a game in Glorantha, using AiG rules.
Gloranphile

Postby soltakss » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:35 pm

According to Enclosure 1, Flame Bow is a 2 point divine spell that must be cast on a bow. For the duration of the spell, spending 1 MP allows an arrow shot from the bow to be a 5D6 Firearrow. It is incompatible with spirit magic that affects arrows.

I would go further and say that any arrow fired from the bow while under the effect of the spell means the archer loses 1 MP for the Firearrow effect, potentially draining the archer of MPs.

It doesn't say which deity grants Flame Bow, simply describing it as "Grazer Divine Magic". Yu-Kargzant might be OK, but his cult is only available to clan chieftains, according to the writeup. Dastal the Hunter might make more sense, as that is the cult for the Riders and would suit horse archers.
Simon Phipp - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982.

RQ Merrie England (Medieval RPG): http://merrieengland.soltakss.com/

RQ/BRP: http://www.soltakss.com/index.html
RQ Alternate Earth: Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/alternateearthrq/
soltakss

Postby Gloranphile » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:55 pm

Oh yeah, and then on p.43 it mentions Turrogus, champion of Shargash, who also gives the spell.
Longtime RuneQuest player, loving Mythras, currently running a game in Glorantha, using AiG rules.
Gloranphile

Return to Glorantha