Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Which crazy worlds?

Which crazy worlds?

Postby Icefield » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:43 pm

What are some of the settings that you have used RQ6/Mythras to run players through? I imagine between the posters here (and maybe Pete and Loz) there has to be some pretty varied stuff.

I am a noob with the system so I have only used it for High Fantasy Homebrew campaigns, but I am curious about my fellow Mythrans(?).
Dithering will only serve to waste your Action Points...
Icefield

Re: Which crazy worlds?

Postby nclarke » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:16 am

I've used it for Lankhmar games and a variety of short (6-8 session) Sword and Sorcery games.
nclarke

Postby Dan True » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:19 am

I have used RQ6 for:

Back in Legend days I played Deus Vult and had an Eberron conversion. If I ever get the time and drive, I might update it for Classic Fantasy - albeit much of the conversion work will be redundant now.

- Dan
Last edited by Dan True on Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan True

Postby Pete » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:56 am

I have run numerous games in a wide variety of settings. Julian May's Many Coloured Land, Conan's Hyborian Age, Arakis of Dune fame, a week-long 007 Bond adventure I ran in Cuba (seemed fitting), a hard sci-fi Space Marines campaign which the players just finished on Monday, the lands of Prydain (which was the in-house play-testing campaign), Monster Island of course being my own personal S&S setting, and Loz's favourite - an occasional Special Circumstances game set in Banks' Culture.

In addition I've also run a few historical one-offs set during the British Raj and 1920's Egypt. But I am rather eclectic in my tastes.
The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras
http://www.thedesignmechanism.com
Pete

Postby loz » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:55 am

Let's see...

Young Kingdoms
Glorantha
Monster Island
Mythic Britain (two long running campaigns there)
Meeros
Various Arkwrightian Parallels
The Realm
Korantia
loz

Postby raleel » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:51 am

I've done a Hyborian age game and am starting a Greyhawk one here on Friday. I can see a Star Wars one in my future as well
raleel

Postby loz » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:06 am

Oh, I almost forgot.

Tudor England.
loz

Postby rust » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:48 am

At the moment I am working on two campaigns which use the Mythras rules. Bhotana is an alternate history / pulp campaign about a version of Bhutan in the 1920s and Thalassa is a science fiction campaign about the development of a remote water world colony.
rust

Postby Matt_E » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:13 am

Simple homebrew campaign that to me is Low Fantasy (but I suspect others might say it has some slight flavors of High Fantasy)
SECRETS OF BLOOD ROCK is here. Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!
Matt_E

Postby Jefferiot » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:10 am

I like to use worlds from video games and commercial setting packs sometimes, but usually I make my own from history and from prophecy.

To professional historians and professional theologians the real history and prophecy usually sounds crazy, in my opinion.

My active campaign is set in early fifteenth century Bohemia and environs. The church has martyred Jan Huss and the Hussites are preparing war wagon and blunderbuss tactics to resist the inevitable crusade against their religious freedom.

The following link has more background on the setting.

http://www.warfareeast.co.uk/main/Hussites.htm
Who to be or not to be. That is the question. --Jeffspeare
Jefferiot

Next

Return to Game Reports & Play Experiences