Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Which crazy worlds?

Re: Which crazy worlds?

Postby Icefield » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:52 am

Matt_E wrote:
Icefield wrote:
Matt_E wrote:Simple homebrew campaign that to me is Low Fantasy (but I suspect others might say it has some slight flavors of High Fantasy)

Are there Great Old Ones in this Campaign?

There have been none yet, but that is not to say that there could never be any. I don't have everything all plotted out.

If you are looking for Cthulhu-esque flavor, I have a project in the works that might fit the bill. It's about aAAAAUGHRT HLP

THERE IS NO CAUSE FOR ALARM. THE BEING KNOWN AS MATT IS WELL. RESUME GAMING DISCUSSION.

I'm pretty sure I just lost some sanity.
Dithering will only serve to waste your Action Points...
Icefield

Postby umbraldragon » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:23 am

Right, well, I usually create a campaign based on what the players and I find interesting. We've played in Korantia, the Realm, and Luther Arkwright..., and Star Wars! That was used with ships and shield walls. Right now I'm working on a few projects, taking my time with each one. Dark Sun conversion and Doraster conversion. Finished TMNT conversion - haven't played it yet. Putting together the first adventure set in the beginning if the French Revolution alternate reality. Dinosaurs exist and are a very real part of it. Dinomancy for the people! Vive La France! :ugeek:
Certain mystes aver that the real world has been constructed by the human mind, since our ways are governed by the artificial categories into which we place essentially undifferentiated things, things weaker than our words for them.
- Gene Wolfe
umbraldragon

Postby Matt_E » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:38 am

umbraldragon wrote: Finished TMNT conversion - haven't played it yet.

Now THAT will deserve a thread, I think. :-D
SECRETS OF BLOOD ROCK is here. Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!
Matt_E

Postby Icefield » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:43 am

umbraldragon wrote:Right, well, I usually create a campaign based on what the players and I find interesting. We've played in Korantia, the Realm, and Luther Arkwright..., and Star Wars! That was used with ships and shield walls. Right now I'm working on a few projects, taking my time with each one. Dark Sun conversion and Doraster conversion. Finished TMNT conversion - haven't played it yet. Putting together the first adventure set in the beginning if the French Revolution alternate reality. Dinosaurs exist and are a very real part of it. Dinomancy for the people! Vive La France! :ugeek:

I think your "Jurassic Bastille" setting is genius. What a clever combination, well done :)
Dithering will only serve to waste your Action Points...
Icefield

Postby Matt_E » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:22 am

umbraldragon wrote:Right, well, I usually create a campaign based on what the players and I find interesting. We've played in Korantia, the Realm, and Luther Arkwright..., and Star Wars! That was used with ships and shield walls. Right now I'm working on a few projects, taking my time with each one. Dark Sun conversion and Doraster conversion. Finished TMNT conversion - haven't played it yet. Putting together the first adventure set in the beginning if the French Revolution alternate reality. Dinosaurs exist and are a very real part of it. Dinomancy for the people! Vive La France! :ugeek:

I remember seeing, in some free download from DTRPG, a cover featuring a French blue-coated musketeer taking aim at a dinosaur. I tried to find it again for you, but failed. There is some release out there in the world that may be a good source for you. Sorry I can't be more helpful... :|
SECRETS OF BLOOD ROCK is here. Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!
Matt_E

Postby Matt_E » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:24 am

Icefield wrote:
Matt_E wrote:
Icefield wrote:Are there Great Old Ones in this Campaign?

There have been none yet, but that is not to say that there could never be any. I don't have everything all plotted out.

If you are looking for Cthulhu-esque flavor, I have a project in the works that might fit the bill. It's about aAAAAUGHRT HLP

THERE IS NO CAUSE FOR ALARM. THE BEING KNOWN AS MATT IS WELL. RESUME GAMING DISCUSSION.

I'm pretty sure I just lost some sanity.

As a follow-up, all, this project is Broch Groddath, of course.
Matt_E

Postby Mjollnir » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:19 pm

I'm running a campaign set in early 16th century Bavaria. The first scenario was a Color of of Space event that would have led to a zombie apocalypse, had the pcs not stopped it. The current adventure is what the players think is a witchhunt, in which they will encounter a huntsman, several dwarves and a beautiful vampire with hair as black as coal, lips as red as the rose and skin as white as snow.

I've also been working on a "Red Planet" campaign inspired by Barsoom, Dark Sun, classical Greece, jedi knights, the Coming Race and Ancient Aliens.
Mjollnir

Postby hkokko » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:02 am

Glorantha - currently (and for some time) in the isle of Loral.
hkokko

Postby umbraldragon » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:24 am

Mjollnir wrote:I've also been working on a "Red Planet" campaign inspired by Barsoom, Dark Sun, classical Greece, jedi knights, the Coming Race and Ancient Aliens.

Barsoomians! John Carter yet lives! We fight for Thuvia!!! :ugeek:
Certain mystes aver that the real world has been constructed by the human mind, since our ways are governed by the artificial categories into which we place essentially undifferentiated things, things weaker than our words for them.
- Gene Wolfe
umbraldragon

Postby Matt_E » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:46 am

Mjollnir wrote: a beautiful vampire with hair as black as coal, lips as red as the rose and skin as white as snow

Hahah! Now that is a cool take on an old tale.
Matt_E

Previous

Return to Game Reports & Play Experiences