Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

What kinds of products would you like to see?

Discussion on settings and adventures from Old Bones Publishing

What kinds of products would you like to see?

Postby Matt_E » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:09 pm

Greetings! In an effort to serve you better (and surgically extract more of your life's blood, er, cash), I am soliciting your input in this dedicated thread. I make no promises, but I do want to know what you want.

Realize that anyone else, like Loz and Pete and other DM writers, could take this input, too. I think this is only good news for you consumers, in terms of timely development.

Presently I have four product lines planned.

* Scenarios: They may be long and detailed (Blood Rock) or short and punchy (Broch Groddath), and priced accordingly. Soon you will get Secrets of Blood Rock, followed hopefully in the first quarter of 2017 by another, as yet unnamed. I have quite a number of others in various stages of development, but no concrete plan yet for release dates or order.

* Campaign Packs: I have a nice, simple one that is done in broad and medium strokes, but still needs a significant amount of work. I would like to have it done by the end of 2017. It's aimed at new players (possibly kids), and new GMs as well.

* "Peoples and Paths": The one that will be available any day now is The Travelers. Each is a sketch of a group of people, including their cultural and magical traditions, ideas for campaign integration, and sample characters. These will be either cheap or Pay What You Want, and may be tied to other products. Another is planned for release in the coming months.

* "Bits and Pieces" (working title): These are miscellaneous small releases, also cheap or Pay What You Want. I have in mind mainly individual scenes to spice up a larger scenario of yours, to serve as a centerpiece and inspiration for a full adventure, or to fill in a random Saturday night between "real" episodes in your arc or campaign. They could also help in cases where your players zig instead of zagging... This line could furthermore feature detailed NPCs, magic items, cities and towns, or what have you. I have one item about 75% done, which should be ready soon since it's low-hanging fruit.

Umbraldragon, your thread viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1756 was the inspiration that crystallized the "Bits and Pieces" line for me. I am hoping for similar suggestions from the rest of you, when you are so moved. So, whatcha whatcha whatcha want?*

*Beastie Boys reference; go look it up, millenials :-)
SECRETS OF BLOOD ROCK is here. Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!
Matt_E

Re: What kinds of products would you like to see?

Postby skoll » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:13 pm

Scenarios. Anything pluggable into an existing fantasy/mythic campaign.
Mythras Encounter Generator: http://skoll.xyz/mythras_eg/
skoll

Postby shugal » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:29 am

Matt_E wrote: * Campaign Packs: I have a nice, simple one that is done in broad and medium strokes, but still needs a significant amount of work. I would like to have it done by the end of 2017. It's aimed at new players (possibly kids), and new GMs as well.

As one of those playing RPGs with ones kids I would love to get my hands on this campaign pack!
shugal

Postby Dan True » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:29 am

Matt_E wrote: * Campaign Packs: I have a nice, simple one that is done in broad and medium strokes, but still needs a significant amount of work. I would like to have it done by the end of 2017. It's aimed at new players (possibly kids), and new GMs as well.

As you know, I'm interested in this :)

- Dan
Dan True

Postby Matt_E » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:50 pm

OK, it just got prioritized. :-)

For Q1 2107, I have planned one major scenario, possibly two minor scenarios, and probably some freebies. I had this campaign pack in mind for Q2/summer 2017, but I can bump the minor scenarios in favor of it (unless they turn out to be closer to final form than I think).
SECRETS OF BLOOD ROCK is here. Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!
Matt_E

Postby soltakss » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:31 pm

Campaign Packs and Scenarios. I can adapt them to whatever I need.
Simon Phipp - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982.

RQ Merrie England (Medieval RPG): http://merrieengland.soltakss.com/

RQ/BRP: http://www.soltakss.com/index.html
RQ Alternate Earth: Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/alternateearthrq/
soltakss

Return to Old Bones Publishing