Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

What I want for RuneQuest in 2016

Re: What I want for RuneQuest in 2016

Postby SARS » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:59 pm

loz wrote:
No updates? If thats the case I'm tempted to just go ahead. What about the campaign material like mythic britain will they be being re-released or will they compatible?

Errata will be included, obviously, but there won't be any wholesale rules changes or additions. The supplements will remain 100% compatible and will be rebranded; there won't be any need to perform any other changes.

It's only the name that's changing - not the game itself.

Thankyou for answering my queries :)
SARS

Postby soltakss » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:21 pm

SARS wrote:
loz wrote:
No updates? If thats the case I'm tempted to just go ahead. What about the campaign material like mythic britain will they be being re-released or will they compatible?

Errata will be included, obviously, but there won't be any wholesale rules changes or additions. The supplements will remain 100% compatible and will be rebranded; there won't be any need to perform any other changes.

It's only the name that's changing - not the game itself.

Thankyou for answering my queries :)

One of the very many things that Loz does well is answering people's queries on forums.

Seriously, if anyone has anything to ask, but feels daunted about posting, then go ahead and post. You are sure to get an answer from the people here and probably will get an answer from Loz or Pete as well.
Simon Phipp - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982.

RQ Merrie England (Medieval RPG): http://merrieengland.soltakss.com/

RQ/BRP: http://www.soltakss.com/index.html
RQ Alternate Earth: Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/alternateearthrq/
soltakss

Postby Prime Evil » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:46 am

loz wrote:The new book, which will be the same rules but with new layout and renamed, will be available in the summer. Can't be more precise about that at this stage, but watch this space for details.

In what way are you refreshing the layout? I rather like the use of Warnock Pro as it looks great on my tablet. I notice that the Classic Fantasy preview uses a Baskerville variant. Is this to be the standard font for Mythras going forward?

Also, are you considering another crowdfunding campaign to finance an updated deluxe edition? I'd love a fresh copy to sit next to my two RQ 6e hardcovers...hehe...
Prime Evil

Postby loz » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:38 am

In what way are you refreshing the layout? I rather like the use of Warnock Pro as it looks great on my tablet. I notice that the Classic Fantasy preview uses a Baskerville variant. Is this to be the standard font for Mythras going forward?

Far better use of space, for one thing, with a slightly smaller font (Baskerville, most likely; very readable and a classy choice). New name, new look. Refreshed, reworked and rejuvenated.

Also, are you considering another crowdfunding campaign to finance an updated deluxe edition? I'd love a fresh copy to sit next to my two RQ 6e hardcovers...hehe...

No plans to repeat that exercise.
loz

Postby xalabin » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:27 am

What about garamond font loz?
xalabin

Postby Heimdallsgothi » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:05 pm

Helvetica for the win
If I agreed with you, then we'd both be wrong.
Heimdallsgothi

Postby Vile » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:13 am

Heimdallsgothi wrote:Helvetica for the win

Everybody can't be wrong! ;)
Vile

Postby nDervish » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:27 am

Comic Sans! Comic Sans!
nDervish

Postby loz » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:05 am