Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

What I want for RuneQuest in 2016

Re: What I want for RuneQuest in 2016

Postby Vile » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:05 am

loz wrote:T[...] an as-yet-to-be-named Luther Arkwright scenario book, done Book of Quests style, with 7-8 loosely linked adventures.

That on its own is going to keep me going for 2016. :mrgreen:
Vile

Postby TrippyHippy » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:29 am

Just to note that the David Tennant featuring Audiobook for Luther Arkwright is available for purchase again (it was previously unavailable) from Big Finish:

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/the ... wright-618

Looking forward to having the scenario book, while I also hope that my irritating, lone petition to have Luther Arkwright made into a standalone book is not so irritating or lonesome that it's falling on deaf ears.......
TrippyHippy

Postby loz » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:00 am

lone petition to have Luther Arkwright made into a standalone book is not so irritating or lonesome that it's falling on deaf ears.......

It's not that ears are deaf, it's more a question of economics. Publishing Arkwright as a full game will require significant work to full integrate setting and rules. It will mean new layout, additional art (which is actually the easiest thing to do, as we have all Bryan's master art files) and then a fresh print run (which doesn't come cheap). The costs involved for the likely sales are simply prohibitive unless we do it as Print on Demand. However, we won't even consider doing that until the stocks of the current print run are exhausted, and at present, they're not.
loz

Postby TrippyHippy » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:34 pm

So next print run then! :)

All I have to do is rush out and buy another thousand copies or so....... :mrgreen:
TrippyHippy

Postby loz » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:34 am

Yep, and then hope we still consider it a worthwhile thing to do. There are certain things brewing at the moment that are far higher up the priority chain.
loz

Postby simonh » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:30 am

The next few years are going to be very interesting. I can't wait to see where Chaosium's marketing and distribution muscle harnessed to a train of high quality BRP, Runequest and Gloranthan products can take us. Never mind the Runequest Renaissance. Let's have a Runequest Industrial Revolution.

Simon Hibbs
simonh

Postby SARS » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:28 pm

Wondering if anyone can answer..

I was going to buy the Runequest books but after reading the forum I'm wondering when the new Runequest books are coming out - i get the impression that they will be under a different name as well - I dont' want to buy into an older edition if the new books are just around the corner :)
SARS

Postby loz » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:54 pm

SARS wrote:Wondering if anyone can answer..

I was going to buy the Runequest books but after reading the forum I'm wondering when the new Runequest books are coming out - i get the impression that they will be under a different name as well - I dont' want to buy into an older edition if the new books are just around the corner :)

The new book, which will be the same rules but with new layout and renamed, will be available in the summer. Can't be more precise about that at this stage, but watch this space for details.
loz

Postby SARS » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:38 am

loz wrote:
SARS wrote:Wondering if anyone can answer..

The new book, which will be the same rules but with new layout and renamed, will be available in the summer. Can't be more precise about that at this stage, but watch this space for details.

No updates? If thats the case I'm tempted to just go ahead. What about the campaign material like mythic britain will they be being re-released or will they compatible?
SARS

Postby loz » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:49 am

No updates? If thats the case I'm tempted to just go ahead. What about the campaign material like mythic britain will they be being re-released or will they compatible?

Errata will be included, obviously, but there won't be any wholesale rules changes or additions. The supplements will remain 100% compatible and will be rebranded; there won't be any need to perform any other changes.

It's only the name that's changing - not the game itself.
loz

PreviousNext

Return to Mythras