Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

UK Games Expo June 3-5 2016

UK Games Expo June 3-5 2016

Postby nclarke » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:19 am

The game submissions opened today for UK Games Expo which is held at the NEC in Birmingham UK on June 3 through 5th this year.

I'm running a Runequest 6 game set in Clark Ashton Smith's Zothique on Saturday morning. So if you are looking for something along the lines of Curse of Sarinya or want to try out a different Sword and Sorcery setting with RQ6 then book when the system opens for players in March.
nclarke

Re: UK Games Expo June 3-5 2016

Postby Caliburn » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:21 am

I've applied to run the following for Classic Fantasy;

Two sessions back to back on the Saturday - 10.00-14.00 and 15.00 to 19.00.

Write-up as follows;

Part 1 of a two session adventure beginning in the walled town of Turning Stone. Centuries ago, the town was the site of a fortified camp for the army in service to Tarlach Summerflame, King of Arangaard. It's said that it was here that the dark forces of Sargon the Grey Slayer were finally defeated, when the combined might of the Knights Raptor and the Ordo Solastor of the Church Celestial brought him low.

It is said he was slain on the field, his body wrapped in hallowed warding vestments and taken to the camp, only to disappear at midnight in a sudden fearful mist. Ever since, the so called ‘Shadow of Sargon’ has fallen across many a child’s bedchamber floor after a shared story by candle light or a parents warning to be good, or else.

But that's all been history until recently. As an Oathband, a sworn group of mercenary adventurers, your party has been tasked by Baron Brand of Greymoor to travel to Turning Stone and investigate a spate of strange animal deaths and the disappearance of people from outlying farms. Disturbingly, each event has been preceded by a cold fog rolling in from the Duskwood to the north, and it is said the Baron’s men have balked at his order to enter the ancient trees…

Part 2 of the two session adventure that sees the foolhardy adventurers enter the Duskwood in search of answers. Does something of Sargon’s fabled Shadow survive here, or has some other evil wrapped itself in his cloak of fearful legend for its own dark purposes?

The adventure should see the players use all the main parts of the skills system through social, exploration and combat challenges. Not something that would easily fit into a single 4 hour session. However, should I only get the one slot, I can write up the Turning Stone part as background narrative and run the Duskwood part of the adventure as a stand-alone.

Finger's crossed...
Last edited by Caliburn on Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caliburn

Postby ThornPlutonius » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:35 pm

Those look like great times, nclarke and Caliburn! Pity I'm stuck on the other side of the Atlantic.
ThornPlutonius

Postby nclarke » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:45 am

I've had my RQ6 game The Vault of Ossaru accepted for the 2016 Games Expo. I'm running it Saturday 4th June from 10 am until 2 pm. Game bookings probably go live in early/mid March.

Nigel
nclarke

Postby nclarke » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:20 am

Game bookings are now live for UK Games Expo so go and sign up for my RQ6 game, Now!
nclarke

Postby Caliburn » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:01 pm

OK chaps and chapettes, my Shadow of Sargon Part 1 & 2 Saturday adventure event has been accepted and it's also up on the list of games to book.

All I need now is a full copy of Classic Fantasy and the game will indeed be afoot!

... and in a weird and almost prescient coincidence, my game has a location called 'Greymoor' in it... spooky!
Caliburn

Postby threedeesix » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:59 pm

Caliburn wrote:... and in a weird and almost prescient coincidence, my game has a location called 'Greymoor' in it... spooky!

I saw that and thought "Is Caliburn one of my playtesters or something, or did I already mention the setting name?"

Rod
threedeesix

Postby Caliburn » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:48 am

No Rod, it's a complete coincidence!

They do happen... :)
Caliburn

Postby threedeesix » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:19 pm

Caliburn wrote:No Rod, it's a complete coincidence!

Hey I wasn't accusing you or anything. To use your own words...

"... and in a weird and almost prescient coincidence, my game has a location called 'Greymoor' in it... spooky!"

I was just agreeing with you and was happy to see it in your session summery.

Rod ;)
threedeesix

Postby Caliburn » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:00 am

threedeesix wrote:
Caliburn wrote:No Rod, it's a complete coincidence!

Hey I wasn't accusing you or anything. To use your own words...

"... and in a weird and almost prescient coincidence, my game has a location called 'Greymoor' in it... spooky!"

I was just agreeing with you and was happy to see it in your session summery.

Rod ;)

Sorry Rod - I hope you didn't get the impression I was being snappy - I was just amused and amazed at the coincidence and really didn't have the slightest impression that you were accusing me of anything. :)
Caliburn

Next

Return to Conventions