Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Tracking Cycles, Rounds, Actions, and Pressed Advantage

Feel free to discuss any general gaming topics, and any other games.

Re: Tracking Cycles, Rounds, Actions, and Pressed Advantage

Postby raleel » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:16 am

Icefield wrote:
I really try to avoid having players call me on screwing up, but maybe I should relax on that. Also what about reloads? Some ranged weapons can take 4 turns to reload, how do you keep that straight? The honor system?

tokens. it's a physical reminder. the tactile nature of it really helps.
raleel

Postby Matt_E » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:40 pm

Icefield wrote: Also what about reloads? Some ranged weapons can take 4 turns to reload, how do you keep that straight? The honor system?

Just use little dots on the board next to the character's name, much as if you were tracking how many rounds until they were no longer blinded.
SECRETS OF BLOOD ROCK is here. Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!
Matt_E

Postby Icefield » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:03 pm

Matt_E wrote:
Icefield wrote: Also what about reloads? Some ranged weapons can take 4 turns to reload, how do you keep that straight? The honor system?

Just use little dots on the board next to the character's name, much as if you were tracking how many rounds until they were no longer blinded.

Ah ok I see. I thought you guys had amazing powers of recall or something. :)
Dithering will only serve to waste your Action Points...
Icefield

Postby raleel » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:14 pm

Icefield wrote:
Matt_E wrote:

Ah ok I see. I thought you guys had amazing powers of recall or something. :)

Not at this age ;)
raleel

Postby Icefield » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:58 pm

@ raleel
I hear you! Long term memory = strong, everything else not so good lol.
Dithering will only serve to waste your Action Points...
Icefield

Postby Pat_Henry » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:27 pm

I printed out the Condition Markers from the GM pack and glued them to flexi- magnetic sheeting. Cut them apart. They're very handy on a metallic white board to track special effects and combat statuses. The players keep things pretty honest with how long the special effects they applied last and how long they're burdened by SEs applied against them.
Pat_Henry

Postby Runeslinger » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:55 pm

I am not currently in a group that plays Mythras together in the same room. We play in Google Hangouts (soon to be YouTube Live). In small combats we use memory, but I dole out the tracking to specific players. One will Track APs for the group and I will track the APs for the opposition. One will track conditions, and the third tracks who has acted (when necessary) and/or Luck Point use. In larger combats I still dole out the tracking but we record it in the chat window for clarity.

Around the table I track AP/LP with tokens (I used colored stones in the past but now can use the cards provided in the Special Effects deck) and track rounds on my small whiteboard. I have at times used D6s of different colors or placed on character sheets to track rounds for conditions, etc.
It does not matter that it has all been said before~
Casting Shadows
Runeslinger

Postby umbraldragon » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:22 pm

I guess I like spreadsheets. I use the combat tracker at the back of the book. One for PCs, One for Opposition. Combined with the nifty new combat cards I got, running combats just got a lot easier! :ugeek:
Certain mystes aver that the real world has been constructed by the human mind, since our ways are governed by the artificial categories into which we place essentially undifferentiated things, things weaker than our words for them.
- Gene Wolfe
umbraldragon

Postby Runeslinger » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:40 pm

The cards are very slick~
It does not matter that it has all been said before~
Casting Shadows
Runeslinger

Postby mark.s » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:28 am

Hi,

I described the method we use in another thread here.

Mark
Check out my website for Mythic Britain & Runequest goodies!
mark.s

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming & Discussion