Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Thennla. Where next?

For information on Design Mechanism's rules and supplements

Thennla. Where next?

Postby Mabon » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:31 am

So with Mythras now all released will there be any shiny new Thennla releases to go with it?
Mabon

Re: Thennla. Where next?

Postby loz » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:00 pm

Just so happens that we'll be releasing a free Thennla sourcebook very soon. It's general information already in SoK and TE, but formatted to introduce new GMs and players to the world. We promised this in TE, and now it's real. We hope it will raise Thennla's profile; it certainly deserves it as a setting.

The Taskan campaign is going to be one of our next projects, and we're talking with Jon about Assabian Rights and a Jekkarene sourcebook (which I'm keen to do some writing for).

loz

Postby Mabon » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:49 pm

All sounds good. Can I get it yesterday ;)
Mabon

Postby guernicus » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:50 pm

Assabian and Jekkarine supplements promise to be very interesting. I am looking forward to buying them :-)
guernicus

Postby Pentallion » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:05 pm

Really need to get a like button for these forums.
Pentallion

Postby Jakob » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:14 am

I'm really looking forward to a possible Jekkarene sourcebook ... hope it will see the light of day at some point, as well as Assabian Nights!
Jakob

Postby loz » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:27 am

Jakob wrote:I'm really looking forward to a possible Jekkarene sourcebook ... hope it will see the light of day at some point, as well as Assabian Nights!

It will most likely be my next large project after Parallel Lines is wrapped up.
loz

Postby Druss the Axe » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:51 am

Thennla: a Campaign world for Mythras?

Never heard of this to be honest, so I did a bit of searching and Shores of Korantia and Taskan Empire are a part of it.

Sounds interesting, but unless I'm mistaken, neither campaign is your standard medieval setting, which is something I'm hankering for of late. Will there be a sourcebook covering this period? Not sword & sorcery, or inspired my mythic Greece or Britain, but standard medieval feudalistic fare?
Druss the Axe

Postby RangerDan » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:05 am

Stupor Mundi for RQ6 is based in medieval Sicily. Its a great sourcebook.
RangerDan's Combat Style Creator Thread / PDF.
RangerDan

Postby loz » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:44 am

Druss the Legend wrote:Thennla: a Campaign world for Mythras?

Never heard of this to be honest, so I did a bit of searching and Shores of Korantia and Taskan Empire are a part of it.

Sounds interesting, but unless I'm mistaken, neither campaign is your standard medieval setting, which is something I'm hankering for of late. Will there be a sourcebook covering this period? Not sword & sorcery, or inspired my mythic Greece or Britain, but standard medieval feudalistic fare?

Closest you'll get are the Greymoor setting for Classic Fantasy (although I'm not sure how much of Rod's house campaign he'll be releasing) and Mythic Constantinople, which is set at the fall of the city and probably isn't what you're actually after.

One book I would recommend is Dark Albion: The Rose War by RPG Pundit. It's fantasy Britain in the 15th Century (so late Medieval), and while designed for OSR/D&D style games, is relatively rules light. You could very, very easily tool it for use with Mythras. You can get it from Lulu.
loz

Next

Return to Products and Releases