Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Thennla. Where next?

For information on Design Mechanism's rules and supplements

Re: Thennla. Where next?

Postby Druss the Axe » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:28 am

Thanks for the recommendations Loz
Druss the Axe

Postby Tathas » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:37 am

Depending on how medieval and low/no fantasy you want, I've seen Guilds of Florence touted as a spectacular reference for this.

https://archive.org/details/guildsflorence01stalgoog
Tathas

Postby Atlatl Jones » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:34 pm

RangerDan wrote:Stupor Mundi for RQ6 is based in medieval Sicily. Its a great sourcebook.

Sadly it's not available anymore, probably due to the RQ licensing change. I went to buy a copy at Lulu a couple months ago but it was no longer for sale.

Deus Vult for MRQII/Legend is another good medieval setting that's largely compatible with Mythras. It's very focused, in that everyone plays warrior-monks in a secret religious order devoted to protecting the world from supernatural evil. It's like a combination of Assassin's Creed, The Name of the Rose, and the X-Files.
Atlatl Jones

Postby HorusArisen » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:14 pm

Just picked this setting up and wow it's great :D

When's the next supplement out? Not rushing you as I have three books to absorb but just curious, love the adventure set here too.
HorusArisen

Postby soltakss » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:02 am

Atlatl Jones wrote:
RangerDan wrote:Stupor Mundi for RQ6 is based in medieval Sicily. Its a great sourcebook.

Sadly it's not available anymore, probably due to the RQ licensing change. I went to buy a copy at Lulu a couple months ago but it was no longer for sale.

Deus Vult for MRQII/Legend is another good medieval setting that's largely compatible with Mythras. It's very focused, in that everyone plays warrior-monks in a secret religious order devoted to protecting the world from supernatural evil. It's like a combination of Assassin's Creed, The Name of the Rose, and the X-Files.

You can play any of the RQ6 or Legend material with Mythras pretty much straight out of the book. BRP supplements are a little harder, but not hard by any means.

In fact, I could take any supplement for any version of RQ and play it pretty much as is with Mythras. Supplements for Stormbringer/Hawkmoon and similar might be a bit harder, as might Ringworld, but they wouldn't be impossible, certainly easier than using a GURPS or Savage Worlds supplement with Mythras.
Simon Phipp - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982.

RQ Merrie England (Medieval RPG): http://merrieengland.soltakss.com/

RQ/BRP: http://www.soltakss.com/index.html
RQ Alternate Earth: Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/alternateearthrq/
soltakss

Postby loz » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:19 am

When's the next supplement out? Not rushing you as I have three books to absorb but just curious, love the adventure set here too.

Work on the Jekkarene sourcebook has tentatively started. We have some additional Taskan content likely to be published this year, including a city state and scenario pack.
loz

Postby HorusArisen » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:40 pm

Great that's something to look forward to :D
HorusArisen

Postby Sable Wyvern » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:54 am

loz wrote:Work on the Jekkarene sourcebook has tentatively started. We have some additional Taskan content likely to be published this year, including a city state and scenario pack.

No Assabian Rites any time soon, then? :(
Sable Wyvern

Previous

Return to Products and Releases