Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

The New Edition Wish List

The New Edition Wish List

Postby Pnick » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:42 pm

Okay, here's my wish list for the as yet unnamed book:

Rules:
1. incorporation of Ship rules
2. Likewise, Firearms
3. Expansion of chase/vehicular combat to include more special manoeuvres
4. No dumbing down of what's already there...

Cosmetic:
1. A gap between the subject titles and the text that follows (always looks way too cramped to me)
Pnick

Re: The New Edition Wish List

Postby trystero » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:57 pm

Slightly larger body text, and no decorative ligatures. :)
"Self-discipline isn't everything; look at Pol Pot."
—Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason
trystero

Postby Vile » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:33 pm

I'll go against the spirit of the thread an say, "as little change as possible". Errata incorporated and a find & replace of "RuneQuest" will do fine, so people can have RQ6 and no-longer-RQ6 at the same table without worrying about minor tweaks and changes. I suppose a couple of pages can be saved by eliminating the history or RuneQuest, but even there I hope the page numbers can be left unaltered.

I'm also no fan of the ligatures or of smallish font sizes, but I know how much work changing fonts and re-doing indexes can be so I don't expect TDM to spend time that could be more productively used on new material.

I would, however, like the new version of the Essentials rules to incorporate Mysticism! :)
Last edited by Vile on Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vile

Postby TrippyHippy » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:38 pm

I'd imagine that the basic intent would be merely to edit up the book, a little, remove TM text and then simply rename the book (with the same cover art). Including extra stuff may not fit.
TrippyHippy

Postby loz » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:06 pm

The font is actually larger than that used in the BRP BGB, Elric, Cthulhu and many other games. If anything, we’ll look at reducing it by a point size to assist with page count and general layout requirements. And because I know you’re all ligature fans, I’ll find a font that makes heavier use of them. We will also redo the layout: I’ve learned a lot since I did the first RQ6 layout, and I’d like to redo it to correct some of the mistakes I made first time around. We will keep the vast majority of the art, but I am talking with Runa Digital about acquiring the rights to use some of the additional artwork commissioned for the Spanish edition of the game, including the stunning art featured on the GM screen. Those talks are going well.

Otherwise, the content will be the same. Anathaym and Meeros stay (and there will be another Meeros-set scenario, although not in the main book). We’ll obviously integrate errata and probably do a few small clarifications here and there, but the mechanics will not change.

One of the statements above may be a joke...
loz

Postby Mike Schulenberg » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:20 pm

Is the art for the Spanish edition GM screen online anywhere? I seem to be failing my Google skill roll.
Mike Schulenberg

Postby loz » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:44 pm

loz

Postby Mike Schulenberg » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:47 pm

That is very cool. Thanks for posting it.
Mike Schulenberg

Postby raleel » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:58 pm

http://davidbenzal.blogspot.com/2015/09 ... est-6.html has the artwork from the artist's page
raleel

Postby raleel » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:02 pm

i think my one major desire for it is "sell well" :)
raleel

Next

Return to News