Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

The frostrune

The frostrune

Postby Jon Reinhardt » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:50 am

Hey I would like to recommend a computer game here. It a point and click Viking age game with out combat. The setting is Mythical Viking age, with riddle and beautiful drawn environment. Nearly all the items and building in the game is based on or are direct copy's of original items or reconstructions from the Viking age. The sound and music in the game is good. All the speech is done in old Norse and there as some nice songs. So the sound is a important part of the experience.

With out spoiling to much of the game there is also a loot of inspiration on how you can do spirit magic and animism in a cool and interesting way.
The game is made of two very good friends me from the Norwegian Viking reenactment community.
Hope people like it

http://www.thefrostrune.com/
Jon Reinhardt

Re: The frostrune

Postby Dan True » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:16 am

I believe this belongs in the 'General Gaming & Discussion'. I'm sure an admin can move it around.

But thank you, this seems interesting and atmospheric.

- Dan
Dan True

Postby Clarence Redd » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:41 am

Very beautiful artwork and music. I will have to check this out...
Clarence Redd

Postby Mabon » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:51 am

Very nice, bought and hopefully going to enjoy tonight :)
Mabon

Postby HorusArisen » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:04 am

I can recommend this, it's a bit shorter than I'd like but overall gameplay is excellent.
HorusArisen

Return to News