Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

The Chronicles of Future Earth!?

The Chronicles of Future Earth!?

Postby umbraldragon » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:07 pm

Certain mystes aver that the real world has been constructed by the human mind, since our ways are governed by the artificial categories into which we place essentially undifferentiated things, things weaker than our words for them.
- Gene Wolfe
umbraldragon

Re: The Chronicles of Future Earth!?

Postby bturnertx » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:55 pm

Unfortunately, the press release is from 2014 - no telling how close they are to an actual release.
bturnertx

Postby umbraldragon » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:55 pm

Yeah I saw that, considering the release of Mindjammer, and the fact that the link was not there a few days prior to my posting. BRP released a version with a smaller page count. Don't know if it's the same, but if the design mechanism is behind what appears to be a newer version, I support it. Honestly, RQ6 is still the best system for me. I tried to play PFinder with some friends and I just couldn't stomach it. Despite optional rules, RQ6 runs smoother and in my opinion faster when it comes to combat. I felt that PF was getting bogged down in the combat, allowing that they were experienced players.
Certain mystes aver that the real world has been constructed by the human mind, since our ways are governed by the artificial categories into which we place essentially undifferentiated things, things weaker than our words for them.
- Gene Wolfe
umbraldragon

Postby ThornPlutonius » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:01 am

It is hard to find information on this project. She recently posted in one of her G+ groups that she has been hunkered down finishing her CoFE novel. She's also mainly working on supplements for Mindjammer. Lack of news is frustrating, for sure. It looks like the project is still alive, but not her primary focus right now.
ThornPlutonius

Postby Jakob » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:03 am

Any news on how the re-branding of RQ6 might affect this project? I'm still hoping that it will happen some day, even though it seems that Sarah Newton has more than enough to do with Mindjammer at the moment ...
Jakob

Postby loz » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:09 am

Jakob wrote:Any news on how the re-branding of RQ6 might affect this project? I'm still hoping that it will happen some day, even though it seems that Sarah Newton has more than enough to do with Mindjammer at the moment ...

Not really. I've had a brief discussion with Sarah, and she's still interested in working with a rebranded RQ6, but Mindjammer is all consuming for her at the moment, along with a few side projects.
loz

Return to Mythras