Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

PX-Magazine - Classic Fantasy Interview with Rodney Leary

PX-Magazine - Classic Fantasy Interview with Rodney Leary

Postby threedeesix » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:05 am

The Spanish 'PX-Magazine' has published an interview with me that we did about a month ago. Feel free to check it out. There is lots about my background as well as Classic Fantasy itself.

I'm linking to the actual article (in Spanish), but feel free to use Google Translate unless you do not have the need. Google Translate will translate the entire website into English just by pasting in the address. It doesn't provide a perfect translation, but its more then usable. :D

http://pxmagazine.com/entrevista-a-rodn ... c-fantasy/

Rod
threedeesix

Re: PX-Magazine - Classic Fantasy Interview with Rodney Lear

Postby Matt_E » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:28 am

Nice. Such a humble guy... :-)
SECRETS OF BLOOD ROCK is here. Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!
Matt_E

Postby raleel » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:45 am

excellent! this is largely why I was looking at Classic Fantasy - dissatisfied with some of the D&D-isms I'd had over the years. A really nice interview. Your list of favorite modules is among my favorites as well.

I would note that the name "Donesteban" who apparently authored the interview also appears all over the Classic Fantasy monsters on the Mythras Encounter Generator
raleel

Postby threedeesix » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:51 am

raleel wrote:I would note that the name "Donesteban" who apparently authored the interview also appears all over the Classic Fantasy monsters on the Mythras Encounter Generator

Yes, that would be Victor Gomez. A fantastic gentleman who has also been very busy converting new monsters and running his own games in Spain and online. He is Classic Fantasy's Ambassador in Spain. :D

Rod
threedeesix

Postby Rubrum » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:15 am

I had the same vibe, you sound like a nice humble person, thanks for the interview. I read it in Spanish to practice! Maybe tell M. Gomez that, I presume you meant "Collectible card game" when you used the acronym CCG? His text says "CCGs (Controlled Community Games)" (?).
Rubrum

Postby threedeesix » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:41 am

Rubrum wrote:I had the same vibe, you sound like a nice humble person, thanks for the interview. I read it in Spanish to practice! Maybe tell M. Gomez that, I presume you meant "Collectible card game" when you used the acronym CCG? His text says "CCGs (Controlled Community Games)" (?).

Ya, I caught that too. Thanks.

I mean the part about CCGs, not being humble. ;)

Rod
threedeesix

Postby loz » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:40 pm

We're busy trying to find a new office big enough to accommodate Mr Leary's rapidly growing ego...
loz

Postby threedeesix » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:05 pm

loz wrote:We're busy trying to find a new office big enough to accommodate Mr Leary's rapidly growing ego...

Make sure the door is large enough to get my head through as well please. :D
threedeesix

Postby loz » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:38 pm

threedeesix wrote:
loz wrote:We're busy trying to find a new office big enough to accommodate Mr Leary's rapidly growing ego...

Make sure the door is large enough to get my head through as well please. :D

A bulldozer has been booked especially for the purpose.
loz

Postby Matt_E » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:20 pm

Remember the old chestnut of experimental science: "If it jams, force it; if it breaks, it needed replacing anyway."
SECRETS OF BLOOD ROCK is here. Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!
Matt_E

Next

Return to News