Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Classic Fantasy Module - M1: The Terror of Ettinmarsh

Classic Fantasy Module - M1: The Terror of Ettinmarsh

Postby loz » Sat May 06, 2017 2:27 pm

The Monthly Modules for Mythras are back! And for May, we bring you an adventure for Classic Fantasy

M1: The Terror of Ettinmarsh is an introductory adventure for 4-6 1st and 2nd Rank characters. The village of Anminster has a deadly secret. Anminster fort is built on the site of an ancient dwarven cairn, which was itself designed with a much more sinister purpose Now, something is stirring within the ruins, and it is up to the adventurers to save Anminster from the Terror of Ettinmarsh.

Anminister is fully described, and the scenario contains all maps and statistics needed for play. Anminster can be used as a recurring location and a base for campaigning, and also acts as an introduction to the world of Greymoor, where further Classic Fantasy modules will be set.

34 pages

PDF only: $4.99 (www.thedesignmechanism.com/products, and www.aeongamespublishing.co.uk)
Print (Lulu): $9.99 (http://www.lulu.com/shop/che-webster/cl ... 71571.html)
loz

Re: Classic Fantasy Module - M1: The Terror of Ettinmarsh

Postby UbiquitousRat » Sat May 06, 2017 11:53 pm

In "The Terror of Ettinmarsh", one of the characters I really enjoyed creating is Relgan Lothbeer, the Dwarven proprietor of the Slaughtered Ettin Inn. Here's a table of his most outrageous tall tales...
http://ubiquitousrat.net/?p=3894
UbiquitousRat

Postby Clarence Redd » Sun May 07, 2017 3:11 pm

Excellent work. And the table of tall tales is the kind of detailing that makes me happy.
Clarence Redd

Postby Vile » Sun May 07, 2017 8:26 pm

I have an ecologically-related question, is Ettin Marsh a saltwater marsh, or a freshwater marsh? :geek:
Vile

Postby UbiquitousRat » Sun May 07, 2017 11:08 pm

Interesting question. The water to the east is Lake Windermyr, which I imagine as fresh water.
:geek:
UbiquitousRat

Postby UbiquitousRat » Fri May 12, 2017 11:45 pm

Anminster is full of interesting characters ready for your players to interact with. One of them is Gangle's assistant, Quickpaw.
In the module, Quickpaw is described simply as “Gangle’s assistant”. From the beginning, however, Quickpaw was always something more... so I've shared my take on him here: http://ubiquitousrat.net/?p=4025
UbiquitousRat

Return to Supplements