Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

SGB: The Hunt for Megog VI

SGB: The Hunt for Megog VI

Postby umbraldragon » Wed May 03, 2017 2:48 pm

Cont'd from last thread...

"Friends," says Mehmet, "I will ask my son to sing for us. There is not much else to do and we may see more visitors before the storm has brought it's fullness." Kerem goes to his pack and brings out an instrument that resembles a viola, but is played on the knee.

A slow keening begins on the strings then turns sweet and yearning.

Hamza sings in a flawless soprano:

Ice-cold passion

And a bitter breath

Adorned the bed

Of Youth and Death —

Youth, the young soldier

Who went to the wars

And embraced white Death,

the vilest of women.

Now we spread roses

Over your tomb —

We who sent you

To your doom.

Now we make soft speeches

And sob soft cries

And throw soft flowers

And utter soft lies.

We would mould you in metal

And carve you in stone,

Not daring to make statue

Of your dead flesh and bone,

Not daring to mention

The bitter breath

Nor the ice-cold passion

Of your love-night with Death.

We make soft speeches.

We sob soft cries

We throw soft flowers,

And utter soft lies.

And you who were young

When you went to the wars

Have lost your youth now

With the vilest of women...

The song ends as the strings fade and echo to silence.

Krual throws back his head and laughs like the kid just told the funniest of jokes. He slaps his thigh with one hand showing all signs of merriment.

Mehmet looks at Krual for the meerest of seconds like he just swallowed something vile, then he himself begins to laugh along with Krual. Hamza and Kemet look at each other and after a second or two they also begin to laugh. Soon the cavern is filled with the echoes of laughter.

Dohlor shivers as his fingers contract a little on the bowstring, involuntarily. He has no intention of descending to join the others.

There is more, just don't know if anyone wants to read it, we're well on our way to a campaign. Mythras is perfect for this setting, Xoth by the way, I will post the rest about every three days or so, unless anyone objects. Hope you like it so far. :ugeek:
Certain mystes aver that the real world has been constructed by the human mind, since our ways are governed by the artificial categories into which we place essentially undifferentiated things, things weaker than our words for them.
- Gene Wolfe
umbraldragon

Re: SGB: The Hunt for Megog VI

Postby HorusArisen » Thu May 04, 2017 10:54 am

I've enjoyed reading but you don't have to post a new thread for each update.
HorusArisen

Postby umbraldragon » Sat May 06, 2017 9:45 pm

Ok, I'll take that advice, just trying to chunk it down for easier reading.
Certain mystes aver that the real world has been constructed by the human mind, since our ways are governed by the artificial categories into which we place essentially undifferentiated things, things weaker than our words for them.
- Gene Wolfe
umbraldragon

Postby HorusArisen » Sun May 07, 2017 2:19 am

Just makes it easier to follow in my opinion. Maybe a new thread per chapter or story arc.
HorusArisen

Postby loz » Sun May 07, 2017 10:51 am

I'm enjoying these write ups, and I don't want you to stop Umbraldragon, but I do agree that you don't need a new post for each update. One of the problems is that they'll quickly push other game reports off the first page, and most people don't tend to scroll through the pages to find posts on other subjects.

So keep the updates in one thread - makes it easier for everyone!
loz

Postby Matt_E » Sun May 07, 2017 2:35 pm

You could chunk it into multiple posts within a single thread, per chapter, if you think that would help with reading. It would avoid the "wall of text" effect, to some degree. ;-)
SECRETS OF BLOOD ROCK is here. Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!
Matt_E

Return to Game Reports & Play Experiences