Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

RuneQuest 6: 9th Century 'Viking' Setting [PbP]

RuneQuest 6: 9th Century 'Viking' Setting [PbP]

Postby mark » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:49 pm

I'm about to start a historic 9th Century PbP game on my own forum. It will be drawing inspiration from history itself and 'The Last Kingdom' series of books by Bernard Cornwell. I have three players ready to start, but would like to offer a couple more spots to mature, roleplayers.

It is a low magic & fantasy, semi-sandbox setting with an optional storyline. You can be raiders, spies, merchants, slave traders, pirates, hunters, mercenaries, thieves, soldiers...whatever you want. You can just run a fortified steading if you prefer, or maybe convert to Christianity and become monks. Maybe you just want to explore and adventure in the newly captured lands of Northumbria...

VIKINGR
SETTING: 9th Century, Pseudo-Historic
LOCATION: North Western Europe (England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Frisia, Denmark & Norway)
FANTASY: Low, pervasive & mysterious
STARTING NATIONALITY, RELIGION & CLASS: Danish, Norse-Paganism, karls
RECOMMENDED RULES: RuneQuest 6 (full) + Ships & Shield Walls
EXPECTATIONS: Mature role-players who will post in character, at least 4 times per week
WHERE: foxhole53.org (dedicated, unlimited gaming forum with secure dice roller)
MORE DETAILS: Read this thread

If you're interested PM me here or over at foxhole53.org. Tell me a bit about yourself, like where you come from, how much time you have. Let me know what PbP experience you have and that you understand PbP can be slow at times. Also, tell me what experience you have with RuneQuest 6 rules.

PS. Apologies, you cannot see all images on my forum without registering
Vikingr a 9th Century PbP game of Mythras/RuneQuest6
mark

Re: RuneQuest 6: 9th Century 'Viking' Setting [PbP]

Postby mark » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:27 am

I'm delighted to say I have now filled the last two spots, and so have reached my (soft) player limit of five.

However, if anybody is still interested please feel free to contact me as it's entirely possibly there will be player openings again in the future. Perhaps for anybody with plenty of PbP experience and respectable historical knowledge of the period I might consider squeezing you in at straight away! ;)

Thanks,
~Mark
mark

Postby mark » Fri May 06, 2016 2:42 pm

After a successful introductory adventure, sadly one of my 6 players has had to retire from the campaign due to heavy, ongoing work commitments.

Therefore, we are down to 5 players+GM, so I am able to offer the last spot to anybody interested.

If you'd like to join us please drop me a PM! :mrgreen:
mark

Postby mark » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:53 am

Our intrepid Danish Vikings have sailed to the Port of Jeevers (saxony) in East Francia to see about a witch (Spá Siðr). Unfortunately, we are once again down to just 5 players + GM (me), thus we have a free spot.

If any mature roleplayers out there are interested in joining an historic 9th century PbP game, please PM me.
mark

Postby mark » Tue May 02, 2017 11:35 am

The Norsemen (the PCs) have a new ship and are planning to sail to Northumbria where the Great Heathen Army has recently conquered Jorvic/Eoferwic (York). First they need to speak to a skáld in Jelling in Denmark about the curious gold necklace they got from the seeress in Saxony...

Currently we have 5 players+GM, but we have 1 open spot. If anybody would like to join the game please drop me a PM.
mark

Return to Players Wanted