Classic Fantasy SideQuests Vol. 1
SideQuests feature short filler adventures for Classic Fantasy taking no more than an evening to play out. Typically, these will be locales stumbled upon while travelling from one place to another, or short interludes in areas of civilization. Maybe a child’s puppy goes missing and the characters decide to help her find it out of the goodness of their heart, leading to a kobold encampment a few miles out of town. Or the characters discover an overgrown entrance to a forgotten tomb while setting up camp for the night, leading to an encounter with several animated dead protecting the resting place of a forgotten warlord.
• Each SideQuest should be no more than 6 to 8 pages in length, not counting maps and stat blocks, and each should feature an encounter, dungeon, or lair, that can be explored in one or two sittings.
• Detailed setups of how the characters get there are not important, just a map of the area and some background. This will more easily allow the Games Master to select a SideQuest and drop it into his or her adventure with little prep.
• Area maps should be kept small, detailing only the area around the key encounter locale, to more easily fit into any setting.
• Each SideQuest should be centered around a single Classic Fantasy creature type and maybe their subordinates, if any. However, dungeons and tombs may have several ‘typical’ nuisance creatures as well.
• Each SideQuest should be balanced for a party of four to six Rank 1 adventurers. However, a couple paragraphs should be included detailing how to scale the adventure for more powerful characters.
Those interested in participating in this project should submit one or more 500-word proposals detailing your chosen SideQuest to...