Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

RQ:CF Character Creation Cheat Sheet

Feel free to discuss any general gaming topics, and any other games.

RQ:CF Character Creation Cheat Sheet

Postby Kaledor » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:18 am

We are doing the skype/roll20 only for our group. Some of our players never played Runequest and were looking for a "cheat sheet" for rolling up characters.

Does anyone have a cheat sheet, one or two pages, that we could use?

Cheers,
Arneson
Kaledor

Re: RQ:CF Character Creation Cheat Sheet

Postby Gloranphile » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:47 am

Longtime RuneQuest player, loving Mythras, currently running a game in Glorantha, using AiG rules.
Gloranphile

Postby Kaledor » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:39 pm

I looked at that... I am looking for something more inline with RQ: CF with the classes and such...
Kaledor

Postby Matt_E » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:06 am

Isn't there a cheat sheet in the CF rulebook? I don't have that one in front of me. There is a one-page guide in the Mythras rules, on page 35.
SECRETS OF BLOOD ROCK is here. Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!
Matt_E

Postby Kaledor » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:45 pm

Matt_E wrote:Isn't there a cheat sheet in the CF rulebook? I don't have that one in front of me. There is a one-page guide in the Mythras rules, on page 35.

Yes there is a cheat sheet in the CF rulebook. But I am looking for something that does the calculations for you. My new players "feel" that the character generation is to long for CF. They want something that is faster, and less math! So I figured with a spreadsheet they can just plug in numbers and it does the calculations for them!

Cheers,
Ed
Kaledor

Postby threedeesix » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:43 pm

Kaledor wrote:I am looking for something that does the calculations for you. My new players "feel" that the character generation is to long for CF. They want something that is faster, and less math! So I figured with a spreadsheet they can just plug in numbers and it does the calculations for them!

Cheers,
Ed

Well, I was holding on to this as I don't like releasing something that isn't finished. But seeing as it will be a while until I can get back to it again, and you could REALLY benefit from it now. Here is a Worksheet that will do all the calculations for you when creating a Classic Fantasy character.

Some functions and omissions...

All cells are locked so you don't have to worry about deleting key data.
Fill in the light blue cells and the sheet will do the rest.
I do not use Random Gen, so the sheet is set up for Point Buy. However, feel free to roll the dice and enter the data in the Point Buy cells so the final scores equal the rolled results if you wish.
When a race is chosen, the worksheet will provide a list of allowed classes.
When class and race are chosen, the worksheet will provide a list of general and professional skills for both to reduce having to refer to the book.
All Attributes are calculated for you, modified for race and class; age, hit points per location, luck points, etc. However take into account that random numbers such as age will recalculate whenever the sheet is refreshed, so I just use the last value generated when I finish.
Characteristics and Attributes are on the first Tab, Skills are on the second Tab
As far as I know, all of the little modifiers, such as fighters, barbarians, monks, etc. getting a +5 bonus to Combat Style are included as well.
At this time, the sheet isn't set up for multi-class characters. But you may still be able to use it for such by simply ignoring the running totals for Skill Points and using the info provided in Classic Fantasy.

I have been using the sheet for about eight months or so, and with it I can create a Classic Fantasy character in about 5 minutes.

If any errors are found, please double check them, and if they are legitimate errors, let me know and I'll update the sheet. I do not have time to expand on the sheet at this time beyond 'simple' corrections.

For some reason I was unable to attach the sheet here, so here is a link to the file at BRP Central.

https://basicroleplaying.org/files/file ... worksheet/

Edit: Per Bilharzia, you need to have a BRP forum account and be logged in or you'll get a 404 error on the link.

Enjoy,

Rod
Last edited by threedeesix on Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
threedeesix

Postby Gloranphile » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:30 pm

Got a 404 on that link, Rod
Longtime RuneQuest player, loving Mythras, currently running a game in Glorantha, using AiG rules.
Gloranphile

Postby Bilharzia » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:40 pm

You need to have a BRP forum account and be logged in.
Bilharzia

Postby threedeesix » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:28 pm

Bilharzia wrote:You need to have a BRP forum account and be logged in.

Thanks, I did not know that as I'm pretty much always logged in.

Rod
threedeesix

Postby Kaledor » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:54 pm

Rod!

I owe you a coffee! Thanks a lot! Saves us a lot of time, and this was just in time! We had a TPK (Total Party Kill) and the group really did not want to take the time to do all the math again. We ended up just saying it was a dream sequence and it did not happen.
Kaledor

Next

Return to General Gaming & Discussion