Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

M-SPACE 1.1 is Coming

Discussions on the M-Space setting and other publications by FrostByte Books.

M-SPACE 1.1 is Coming

Postby Clarence Redd » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:43 am

As some of you may have seen, the scenario REFLUX will be released in about 10 days - but that is not all! At the same time, we will release a 1.1 update to M-SPACE.

The big thing here is not in the content however. Only a few small changes and additions have been made. The main feature is colour printing and a more durable binding. These are two of the most requested features among our players.

And the good thing is, the price will not be much higher than for black and white. To pull this off, we had to track down a talented print-on-demand publisher here in Sweden. They offer something Lulu cannot do: print just a selection of pages in colour. With Lulu, it's either or, which means much higher prices.

Just as for REFLUX, this will result in higher shipping costs for some of you. And that's why we have kept down the price of the book. The total cost will be very competitive.

But we will still offer a black and white version through Lulu. And of course a PDF at DriveThruRPG.

I'm very proud of this version. The print quality is amazing. Matthias Utomo's artwork really shines and the sturdier binding feels great.

I hope you will enjoy it too.

Changes in content:
- Two appendixes: updated starship design walkthrough and starship combat examples. Both will be available as free downloads from our website.
- Keeping track of ammunition. Covering the most frequent question I've got since the release.
Clarence Redd

Re: M-SPACE 1.1 is Coming

Postby Gloranphile » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:27 am

Excellent, I can't wait!
Longtime RuneQuest player, loving Mythras, currently running a game in Glorantha, using AiG rules.
Gloranphile

Postby Clarence Redd » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:46 pm

Thank you : ) The release won't be long now.
Clarence Redd

Postby Lucius Panderius » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:18 am

I've ordered my copy from Aeon.
Look forward to receiving it.
I'm veering toward sci-fi settings for my future rpg games as opposed to fantasy settings.
I hope you don't mind but I must mention Mutant Chronicles and Mindjammer.
I have been reading them before M-Space came along.
It seems we have good options now for playing in the future of humankind.
:)
Lucius Panderius

Postby Clarence Redd » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:11 am

Mindjammer has been one of my favourite releases in recent years, along with Ashen Stars. I know very little about Mutant Chronicles though. But there are indeed several good sci-fi games available at the moment.

Good luck with the setting. Let me know if you run into any problems.
Clarence Redd

Postby Lucius Panderius » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:01 pm

[quote="Clarence Redd"]Mindjammer has been one of my favourite releases in recent years, along with Ashen Stars. I know very little about Mutant Chronicles though. But there are indeed several good sci-fi games available at the moment.

Mutant Chronicles is in it's third edition for the rpg.
Came from a collectable card game Doomtrooper in the 1990's from Sweden If I remember correctly?
Was a future setting but with a fairly dark premise. Not hard sci-fi as explained in the story but based out in the current known solar system only.
Diesel punk it's been called as opposed to steam punk.
:)
Is a good setting, there is hope but it's faint for humanity.
Lucius Panderius

Postby threedeesix » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Actually, Mutant Chronicles came out as a role playing game first, at least here in the States. It was quickly followed by a CCG (Doom Trooper), and a miniatures game (Warzone). There are three novels as well and I think their fantastic if you can find them; In Lunacy, Frenzy, and Dementia. Oh, and comics.

But in all fairness to Charence, congratz on the success of M-Space. I know I'm loving it and hope to run it myself soon.

Rod
threedeesix

Return to M-Space (FrostByte Books)