Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Just wonderin'

Feel free to discuss any general gaming topics, and any other games.

Re: Just wonderin'

Postby Matt_E » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:05 am

I wasn't really asking for actual Chicago and Berlin skills. :-) What you have given is good. I have no problem with what you have outlined, and if I were to think about it as much as you have, then I, too, would write it all down to codify it, for easy reference.

How about the folk from Asgard or Vanaheim as other barbarian peoples? (if memory serves)

Are you in fact converting the Conan RPG to Mythras...? Now THAT would be really interesting. I read the quickstart rules with relish when they came out, and thought the setting would be really nice, even though most of the rules seemed clearly inferior to those in Mythras. S&S is on my mind again now, as I have been reading up on the Xoth setting.

The Player’s Guide to the World of Xoth is what I would call "just complete enough", by the way. It has lots of appetizing ideas and potential for hooks, but it's not absolutely developed. Maybe the Game Master's version is much more complete--which would make sense, for a campaign-setting product. For the campaign pack that I'm working on right now, the setting is much less interesting (to me...) than the characters, plot, and themes, so it gets proportionally less attention. It is background, and meant to be.

...sorry, meandering from OP...
SECRETS OF BLOOD ROCK is here. Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!
Matt_E

Postby nDervish » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:47 am

Matt_E wrote:Are you in fact converting the Conan RPG to Mythras...? Now THAT would be really interesting.

It definitely would, but, no, I don't know Conan nearly well enough to undertake such a project, plus I run pretty much exclusively in homebrew settings.

Rolling it back a bit more towards the original topic, one of the major reasons I prefer homebrew is because I really enjoy world-building, so perhaps my detailed approach to cultures is, in part, because it provides a structure for defining certain aspects of the setting.
nDervish

Postby simonb1 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:37 pm

Hi all,

On the matter of Craft, Lore and Musician skills, I would define the difference by what is either available OR not available.

For example in the city of thieves, you may be able to learn craft (lockpicks), which would harder to justify elsewhere.

Simon
simonb1

Postby Belgath » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:52 pm

Luther Arkwright handles this vary well it has tables for civilized cultures based on type and tec lvl.
Belgath

Previous

Return to General Gaming & Discussion