Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Monthly Mythras Scenario - January

Monthly Mythras Scenario - January

Postby loz » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:59 am

Madness & Other Colours

Now available from our store at http://www.thedesignmechanism.com/products (Supplement catalogue), DrivethruRPG, and Lulu (http://www.lulu.com/shop/lawrence-whita ... 37927.html)

A long time ago, in an evil empire far, far away, the Emperor Sool demanded that those who offend him should be punished in a most vicious way. So were created the Sool Statuettes, and their maker was none other than Loric Nygh, a suave and cunning magician who had developed ghastly engines of sorcery for just such a purpose.

Baldomeer the Vain, a famed collector of antiquities, has supposedly come into possession of a Sool Statuette. His great rival, Serjedny the Immaculate, does not believe that the Sool Statuettes exist any longer, and that what Baldomeer has is a fake. He intends to expose him as a fraudster, but to do so, he needs the help of some capable people. People like the adventurers...

Madness & Other Colours takes the characters into the dangerous world of an insane sorcerer and those who still worship him. They will face all manner of horror as they attempt to to get to the bottom of the mystery of the Sool Statuettes and their mysterious creator.

A Mythras scenario for 4-6 competent and strong-willed characters.

$3.99 PDF only
$6.99 POD

loz

Re: Monthly Mythras Scenario - January

Postby Sylverlokk » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:17 am

Hmm what is the color of madness? I'm sure I will find out in my new scenario. Thanks guys.
Sylverlokk

Postby Starken » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:16 pm

Thanks for giving us monthly scenarios. I really like them.
Starken

Postby Matt_E » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:54 pm

Sylverlokk wrote:Hmm what is the color of madness?

It's that luminescent yellow-green color that they now use to paint firetrucks. Obviously. :)
SECRETS OF BLOOD ROCK is here. Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!
Matt_E

Postby GreenWolf » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:14 pm

These monthly scenarios are great - thank you for them. This one is my favorite so far.

I am a huge fan of the Elric books the DM team did for Mongoose, and it sounds like this scenario started out in the Young Kingdoms. Was the original version based around Cran Liret?
GreenWolf

Postby loz » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:43 pm

It was.
loz

Postby Akrasia » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:12 am

The fact that this was originally an Elric scenario prompts me to ask: I assume that it would be quite easy to plug in the magic system from the MRQII Elric book into Mythras?

Also, does this scenario use the Mythras sorcery system? Would it be easy to use the Elric system with it (assuming that the answer to my first question was affirmative)?

Thanks!
My gaming blog: http://akraticwizardry.blogspot.com
Akrasia

Postby GreenWolf » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:32 pm

Yes, Mythras is totally compatible with Elric II magic. I've actually never played Elric II as-is, but have played Mythras a lot using the setting, magic, and cults from Elric. There's really no special effort or conversion required. It can change how characters develop somewhat because there are so many distinct magical skills to improve individually in Elric, but that is just part of the flavor of the setting to me. It's a lot of work to be a sorcerer, and you need to be creative with what skills you do have, though Mythras sorcery can work that way too if desired.

The scenario as written uses Mythras magic and works fine that way, but yeah, you could play it using rune magic and summoning magic with very little conversion. There is a prominent bound demon for instance, and a lot of the most interesting "magic" does not rely explicitly on any system; they're artifacts of a great sorcerer and operate in some strange and surprising ways. It's pretty cool.
GreenWolf

Postby Akrasia » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:42 am

Thanks for the reply, GreenWolf. I had assumed that there would be no problem -- I played in a MRQII Elric campaign a few years ago -- but haven't kept track of the specific changes from MRQII-->Mythras (though I know that there are very few substantive ones).

Perhaps I'll combine "Madness" with the Elric "Cities of the Supplement" to run a Young Kingdoms campaign this summer...
My gaming blog: http://akraticwizardry.blogspot.com
Akrasia

Return to Supplements