Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Testplayers wanted!

Testplayers wanted!

Postby Dan True » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:06 am

Hello gamers.

I am looking for people to playtest various rules and content and I hope someone here would be willing.
So if you have time to test some new rules for RuneQuest 6 / Mythras (I cannot guarantee all RQ6 references have been corrected yet) over the coming months, then please let me know.

What is this for?
A supplement I've been working on for the last few years. I cannot guarantee it will ever be published, as that depends on many other factors, but my own campaign has been immense fun. The supplement expands on urban scheming and intrigue, in a fantasy setting resembling historical southern Germany around 1450.

What can I test?
I am looking for test of:
    1. New rules for social conflict between organisations. This is essentially a refinment of the social conflict rules, but with special effects.
    2. An equipment chapter with new combat styles, weapons, items and venom suitable for the late-medieval setting.
    3. A magic chapter with new spells and schools. Magic is low-key and more focussed on the warlock in a tower than direct offense.
    4. A chapter with generic city-dwelling NPCs and a small (<10) bestiary of magical creatures. This is probably the easiest to playtest as it can be dropped into whatever game you're already running without much fuss

Note that many of these references background setting, culture etc. while most of the material is ready I am mostly interested in feedback about the rules contained within. However, if some reference in the above intrigues you I will be able to provide some additional fluff information.

How do I test?
Write me an email on dan-true (@) hotmail.com with your contact information and which of the above areas you would like to playtest. I will then compile a PDF document for you for each area and send to your email address.

How do I give feedback?
We can keep in contact during playtesting in case anything is unclear of your have immediate, breaking feedback that the other playtesters should be aware of. Other than that, sometime during the spring I will contact you over email and ask for your feedback. I would like a combination of structured feedback and more loose conversation - so expect a short survery + some text for each area.

I have never coordinated a playtest for a paper RPG before, so If any of you have participated in something like this before and have any pointers, I would love to hear your suggestions.

What do I get out of it?
If this ever gets published, I will give you credit as playtester. Other than that I can only offer to owe you a favour if you ever need my help with anything.

I hope someone will find this interesting and thank you a ton in advance!

- Dan
Dan True

Re: Testplayers wanted!

Postby Dan True » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:46 pm

I've had requests end up in my spam filter. So if you do contact me, be sure to send me a PM here as well so I know to check it.

- Dan
Dan True

Re: Testplayers wanted!

Postby Dan True » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:31 am

The first row of testers is on, but the call to action still stands if anyone wants to lend a game :)

- Dan
Dan True

Return to Players Wanted