- Stygian Necromancer (a PC) hired the rest of the group to help him raid a temple of Hanuman, the Ape God
- fought giant apes and Kushite Warrior PC almost got shot in the head
- rescued Sabitha, an ongoing NPC
- Hyperborean Gaunt PC fails to punch a merchant and nearly gets arrested
- all find a tablet that is suspiciously marked with "quest item" on it (we have a light hearted tone)
- Sabitha convinces you that there is loot in a crypt.
- find loot and a magic dagger.
- Stygian Necromancer has dagger. it's got a ghost friend in it
- Sabitha tells you about treasure in the desert.
- Go to bat temple in desert
- Zingaran Pirate almost loses a leg to a panther
- find out Sabitha is a liar
- all steal 20 horses, a king's ransom. GM is surprised horses are so valuable
- Sell horses for 1/4 their value, but get a ship out of the process. GM masterstroke
- ship is in another town called Abbaddrah and turns out to be a POS
- Find merchants in other town
- they have other half of quest item
- make agreement to go find promised gold and split, using ship to get there
- angry party goes back to Eruk to gank Sabitha
- go into tavern
- Hyperborean Gaunt pit fights
- Kushite Warrior plays with ninja girls
- Stygian Necromancer talks with his special ghost friend
- all steal a lot of drugs (over 4 horses worth). Gaunt burns down tavern
- Ride across desert to Abbaddrah back to ship.
- Gaunt charges a horse and almost dies
- find a coded note, signed by "Serathu", that says
THE DAUGHTERS OF RAHMA IN MOON GARDEN
- also has a small device that looks like a paw or a claw. you think maybe it's a key
- The Moon Garden is in Abbaddrah
- Arrive in Abbaddrah to find that the ship will take two weeks to get in ship-shape condition.
we had a bit of PC changeover, so the current cast is
- Stygian Necromancer
- Kushite Warrior
- Hyperborean Gaunt
- Nemedian Justicar worshipper of Mitra (replacing the Zingaran Pirate)
- Zamoran Assassin (replacing a Bossonian Longbowman)
The arrive in Abbadrah and immediately start looking for ways to unload the drugs, 100 doses of silver lotus all individually wrapped in parchment packets with a black monkey head with red eyes printed on them. They ask around and manage to hook up with the local thieves guild to offload, and successfully exchange the lotus for 5000 silver (half of it's value). They don't even get into a fight with the thieves guild, which is odd, but likely do to the Gaunt being late to the game.
After, they are approached by a leper who offers information, but they mostly turn it down. Later they are approached by a buxom lass who pleads with her big eyes to please help her rescue her one true love, Serathu, from the clutches of the Daughters of Rahma. She even has a fool proof plan for them to fake that they have taking the sleep inducing moon-juice.
The get in, but are stripped of weapons and armor, save for the assassin (a hidden blade is on him), and the kushite, who snuck into the compound while the ceremony was going, and has full gear. They fake their unconsciousness (save for the Gaunt, who took an antidote, and is half drugged) and are taken to the dungeon, while the Kushite finds another way in.
Dumped in a cell, they find Serathu and bust him out (2 crits on brawn), and the Gaunt take the manacle and chain as a make-shift ball and chain. Around the corner and through the door, they rush and gut a pair of cultists, one of whom managed to sink a poisoned dagger into the Gaunt. He resists the poison and smashes him in the abdomen, bringing him to incapacitation in one blow.
and we ended there. Frankly, the system works so well for Conan, I hardly know which path to run down, they are all so tempting.