Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Classic Fantasy review in italian

Classic Fantasy review in italian

Postby Mattia » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:43 am

Hello,

I would like to inform Rodney that I published a review of Classic Fantasy, in italian, on my blog.

Obviously I am very positive about the game.

Despite I expect you do not understand it, I am pretty sure you might be pleased to know.

You can see it here:
http://ortodelgrognard.blogspot.it/2016 ... -gary.html

Regards,
Mattia.
Mattia

Re: Classic Fantasy review in italian

Postby Matt_E » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:03 am

My favorite part:

"Leary, a Canadian, is an extremely old player,..."

With friends like these... :-) I assume this was Google Translate at play.

Echoes of Monty Python: "Old man!" "I'm not old, I'm 37!" "Well, I can't just call you 'man'..."
SECRETS OF BLOOD ROCK is here. Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!
Matt_E

Postby Rubrum » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:48 am

French as first language, Spanish as third, I can sort of read Italian... And it looks like what in French would be "un joueur de longue date", which would literally transalte to "a player of old" (?); this means to have been a player for a long time. I guess it's obvious... Just an expression that translates well within latin languages, but not so much to the anglo-saxon world :P
Rubrum

Postby raleel » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:41 am

"Rodney bakes her "egg of Columbus," that is, the stroke of genius able to merge the two systems."

Thank you google translate. I hope this is cruelly accurate. That is hilarious. Egg of Columbus!

An excellent review, even in the google translate.

To the reviewer - I am certain your review is written in eloquent Italian, but google translate is hilarious here.
raleel

Postby Matt_E » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:54 am

raleel wrote:An excellent review, even in the google translate.

To the reviewer - I am certain your review is written in eloquent Italian, but google translate is hilarious here.

Yes, Mattia, please don't take offense. We're poking fun at Google, not you. :-) The review was quite good, IMO.
SECRETS OF BLOOD ROCK is here. Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!
Matt_E

Postby threedeesix » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:30 pm

Matt_E wrote:
raleel wrote:An excellent review, even in the google translate.

Yes, Mattia, please don't take offense. We're poking fun at Google, not you. :-) The review was quite good, IMO.

I agree Mattia. I thought it a fantastic review and I'm very appreciative of the detail you covered.

While I am not Canadian, I am old. ;)

Rod
threedeesix

Postby loz » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:20 pm

While I am not Canadian, I am old. ;)

Canada cares not. Ontario is lovely at this time of year.
loz

Postby Mattia » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:31 am

Hello,

changed Canadian to American, so that I cannot be wrong!
Today I checked the interview Rodney had with the spanish reviewer and discovered where exactly you are.

Yes, "Egg of Columbus" is an expression we use a lot in italian. That refers to very good ideas, that anybody might have. Despite that, even if something might look obvious once you know, the first who arrived to the conclusion was a genius.

Old player in italian is like to say a veteran ;)

Now I am scared! Before publishing other posts, and inform you, I will check google translation, LOL

Ciao!
Mattia

Postby Matt_E » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:06 pm

Oh, I would NOT change your mother-tongue expression to accommodate Google!!! How Orwellian... :-)
Matt_E

Return to Game Reports & Play Experiences