Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Mythras (Imperative) differences to RQ6

Re: Mythras (Imperative) differences to RQ6

Postby ThornPlutonius » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:09 pm

Remember: Mythras Imperative is a subset of the full rules. Don't take something's absence from MI to mean it has been dropped from the full rules.
ThornPlutonius

Postby hkokko » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:24 pm

At least I am expecting that Mythras the Real Edition will contain all the old special effects with these new ones.
hkokko

Postby Pat_Henry » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:49 pm

hkokko wrote:At least I am expecting that Mythras the Real Edition will contain all the old special effects with these new ones.

Yeah, I just found it interesting from a mechanical sense in the context of Scar Foe: You're going to let the foe live, otherwise why spend the SE? But the mechanic for letting your foe live (apart from him running away) is Compel Surrender. I still think it probably requires a crit... or everyone in the village will be grumbling with a Z cut into their face. :lol:
Pat_Henry

Postby loz » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:50 pm

ThornPlutonius wrote:Remember: Mythras Imperative is a subset of the full rules. Don't take something's absence from MI to mean it has been dropped from the full rules.

Completely this. Imperative is a trimmed and simplified version of the full rules. These comparisons are really comparing oranges and tangerines.
loz

Postby hkokko » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:02 pm

At least I will gladly compare the real thing... :-)
hkokko

Postby raleel » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:39 am

going through and looking at MI for a home game idea (Pulp Cthulhu conversion) -

civilized gets a combat style now.
new professional skills of astrogation, comms, computers, demolitions, electronics, forgery, research, science, sensors, pilot, and politics. I assume this is to facilitate modern conversions.

i am somewhat amused that an Agent is described as a Detective, but there is also a Detective.They are very similar, but not as much as the official and the politician. the difference between them is one skill in standard and professional.
raleel

Previous

Return to Mythras