Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Canada Post Strike

Canada Post Strike

Postby loz » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:04 am

As our Canuck friends will already be aware, Canada Post is facing a mail strike that could start tomorrow, unless talks continue.

All our books are warehoused and shipped by a company in the USA. Depending on cost, they use a variety of carriers including USPS (US Postal Service) which then hands-off to Canada Post when mail reaches the border. There is therefore a chance that Canadian customers may see orders delayed. We do use FedEx and UPS too, and orders sent by these carriers won't be affected. If you are placing an order with us and are in Canada, drop us a line or PM to request a quote for an alternative carrier and we will be happy to accommodate.
loz

Re: Canada Post Strike

Postby Rubrum » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:51 pm

I always prefer packages that come through Canada Post as I'm rarely home to get the package and they drop it at a nearby post office, instead of dropping it at some UPS/Fedex/Purolator industrial wasteland depot half an hour drive from home (if no traffic...). Plus, Canada Post seems to be hit much less often by ridiculous border clearance fees and duties, which often add a random 20-40$ to the delivery... But thanks for the heads up. I'm kind of hoping this strike won't happen or will not last very long at the very least. A post office employee told me he expected it to start this past Friday, and it didn't... so... Fingers crossed.
Rubrum

Return to News