Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Fan Policy

Fan Policy

Postby DesignMechanism » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:55 am

Lots of people want to share their love of, and enthusiasm for, RuneQuest with the wider world. They want to use blogs and websites to show what they're doing, how they're doing it, and support RQ from a fan perspective.

We absolutely encourage fan involvement, but there are a few things that you need to be aware of before starting a blog or a website dedicated to RuneQuest.

1. RuneQuest is a Trademark and an intellectual property. Design Mechanism licenses the trademark from Moon Design Publications but does not own it.

2. This means that any fan works must abide by the Fan Policy established by Moon Design Publications for both Glorantha and RuneQuest materials. The Fan Policy is described in detail at http://glorantha.wpengine.com/glorantha ... an-policy/ and we urge you to read this before you start work on any fan material that will be placed on the internet or distributed in any form or means. Its actually a very simple, very generous Fan Policy and carries very little restriction.

If you have any questions please don't be afraid to ask us. We want to encourage the wider RQ Community but it has to be done in a certain way to ensure that trademarks and so forth are respected.
DesignMechanism
Site Admin

Re: Fan Policy

Postby Belgath » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:56 pm

Is the fan policy for maps on map on the glorantha same for your material ? Want to make sure before I post my fan created maps?
Belgath

Postby loz » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:02 am

Yes. Doubly so for Glorantha which, with the Guide to Glorantha, has now been comprehensively mapped in some quite astonishing detail.

Please consult with Moon Design Publications (www.glorantha.com) before posting any fan created maps.
loz

Postby Belgath » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:01 pm

Okay I've been playing RuneQuest quite a bit on roll20 i'm about to start a Korantia campaign what's the proper way to handle player handouts. For normal tabletop games having a Xerox copy of some maps out of let's say Monster Island would not be a problem. Are there different rules for electronic tabletop gaming? For me sharing out a map around the table. Feels a lot different from sharing that Map as player handout on roll20.
Belgath

Postby loz » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:44 am

Belgath wrote:Okay I've been playing RuneQuest quite a bit on roll20 i'm about to start a Korantia campaign what's the proper way to handle player handouts. For normal tabletop games having a Xerox copy of some maps out of let's say Monster Island would not be a problem. Are there different rules for electronic tabletop gaming? For me sharing out a map around the table. Feels a lot different from sharing that Map as player handout on roll20.

As long as the map isn't made public and its for personal gaming use, then there's no problem.
loz

Postby Hexelis » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:43 pm

Will this policy change with the new name in July?
Hexelis

Return to Forum Guidelines