Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Help in generating characters

Help in generating characters

Postby dynodragon » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:41 am

Now that RQ6 Glorantha is no more from TDM, can anyone help in directing me to the best source for rules for the various non human races. I am looking for something as close as possible for the RQ6/Mithras ruleset but also has differences for the various dwarf/elf/dragonewt subtypes.

No perference for format type (PDF, hardback,softback)

Thanks.
dynodragon

Re: Help in generating characters

Postby nclarke » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:46 am

You want characters for RQ6 or characters for Glorantha?

The scenario generator will give you loads of creatures/non-human NPC's
nclarke

Postby skoll » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:00 pm

The most recent publication about non-humans for RQ is the Races of Glorantha MRQII. There are many, who consider Mongoose Glorantha publications sub-standard, but I found that book quite useful. Unfortubately it's out of date.

I think your best bet it to go back to the RQ2 material, now again in print, but it will require a bit of houseruling.

Personally, I only allow human characters in my game.
Mythras Encounter Generator: http://skoll.xyz/mythras_eg/
skoll

Postby dynodragon » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:21 am

nclarke wrote:You want characters for RQ6 or characters for Glorantha?

The scenario generator will give you loads of creatures/non-human NPC's

I want to gm a game in Glorantha using the RQ6 ruleset allowing the players to choose to play non-human races, I need some help in locating the best source to then modify to the RQ6 rules.

Thanks
dynodragon

Postby Pentallion » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:10 pm

I would see if you could get a copy of Elder Secrets. It's RQ3 material long out of print, but it's out there. then you can use that to give you some ideas of what skills to give out to the different demi-human races. That will give you all you really need for dwarves, elves and trolls. For the lesser Elder races, like dragonewts, ducks, beastfolk, etc. it in many cases refers you to the creature book which would require you to have Deluxe RQ3 or it refers you to the Gloranthan Bestiary. All three are good to have, however, for converting to RQ 6.
Pentallion

Return to Glorantha