Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

November Scenario: A Gift From Shamash

Re: November Scenario: A Gift From Shamash

Postby Runeblogger » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:33 pm

I just wanted to say this initiative sounds awesome. I'm actually looking forward to playing or running this first scenario. :)
Can you play it only with Mythras Essentials (and RQ6)? :?:
What other scenarios do you have in store for the next months? :?:
Runeblogger

Postby loz » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:04 pm

Any version of Mythras or RQ6 will be just fine.

Next month is Xamoxis' Cleansing, set in Anathaym's world.
loz

Postby Matt_E » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:35 pm

Thalaba wrote:
Matt_E wrote:When your name becomes synonymous with "doom", you need to rethink your life choices...or always carry blank character sheets... :twisted:

Well, it does come with 15 pregenerated characters!

The uninitiated might think that 15 pregens were to accommodate a wide variety of player preferences...rather than that the likely body count is 14 or 15... :shock: :lol:

"Hmm... Which one of these characters would make the best Final Girl...?"
SECRETS OF BLOOD ROCK is here. Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!
Matt_E

Postby TrippyHippy » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:05 pm

I picked up mine straight away as soon as I knew. At this point all I can say is 'good layout', but I'll read it through with keen interest.

It's a good marketing ploy to do lots of little releases as they are affordable ways of maintaining interest in the line, and showcase the diversity of the systems use.
TrippyHippy

Postby Clarence Redd » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:56 pm

As I wrote on BRP Central, I've read an early version of the scenario, and it's very easy to recommend. Really creepy, requires some serious thinking by the players, and it brings a lot of hard sci-fi goodness to Mythras.
Clarence Redd

Postby loz » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:16 pm

What's really nice is for us to be able to publish a scenario like this that can obviously can slot into an Arkwright campaign, but can also effortlessly reference and support Clarence's M-Space. 'Shamash' therefore works in standalone self-contained mode, Arkwright body-horror mode (heh-heh) and gritty M-Space mode.
loz

Postby Vile » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:50 pm

loz wrote:BOOKCALSAVE

20% off for Lulu customers...
Or if shipping cost matters more to you, 15MAILNOV for 15% off and free shipping!
Vile

Postby Pentallion » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:27 am

Bought it, read it, adding it to my Even Horizon campaign :)
Pentallion

Postby threedeesix » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:07 am

I took the opportunity to grab both it and M-Space and cant wait to get my hands on them. It appears to be a great time to be a Mythras fan.

I had to chuckle at the mention of 15 pregens. Having heard about Pete's legendary games, I thought "that sounds about right". It reminded me of the second 'The Gamers' film, where the guy brought 50 pregenerated bards to a session. During a battle the bards were getting killed every round and he would just whip out another one. Finally, one of the other character's yelled, "quick, hide behind the pile of dead bards", and they used them for cover.

Anyway, thanks for the discount codes, in my case Vile's code worked out better for me, so check them both out and see which fits best for you and your wallet.

Rod
threedeesix

Postby Pete » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:23 am

Matt_E wrote:The uninitiated might think that 15 pregens were to accommodate a wide variety of player preferences...rather than that the likely body count is 14 or 15... :shock: :lol:

The last time I ran it I believe only 3 of the marines survived, and the ship's doctor died a especially horrific death... :twisted:
The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras
http://www.thedesignmechanism.com
Pete

PreviousNext

Return to Supplements