Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Mythras Now Available for Download & Preorder

Mythras Now Available for Download & Preorder

Postby loz » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:59 am

Mythras Revealed!
Mythras is now available. The PDF is available immediately, and the print edition can be preordered from the Design Mechanism store. The print edition should ship in approximately 3-4 weeks.

Now, obviously, everyone should buy a copy of Mythras because it’s our flagship book, but of course there is the question that everyone who owns its direct predecessor, RQ6, will ask: ‘Do I need to buy Mythras too?’ The game engine is unchanged; aside from a few tweaks here and there, and the inclusion of a range of new Special Effects (including effects for Spirit Combat), the main changes are to layout, organization and page count. Mythras is 304 pages compared with 456 for RQ6, but as an edition of the game, you can quite happily continue using your old set of rules with all our new Mythras supplements, without worrying too much about missing out on anything that’s fundamentally changed. So, we hope you will buy Mythras, but we understand if you don’t want to.

To try to encourage you though, we are offering all our RQ6 customers a $5.00 discount on the PDF edition of the game. It’s usual price is $15.00, but our loyal customers can buy it for just $10.00 – and there’s a discount code being sent by separate email to everyone who ordered the PDF directly from us. If you bought through Drivethru, you'll get a similar email. If you purchased through Moon Design, please send me a PM so I can send the code separately.

So it’s welcome to Mythras – we’re delighted to bring it to you.
http://www.thedesignmechanism.com/products

Price
Print: $39.95 (includes PDF free of charge when bought from us)
PDF Only: $15.00 ($10.00 for RQ6 customers)

Mythras Combat Cards
Available exclusively from DrivethruRPG and other OneBookShelf sites, this play aid for Mythras presents each Combat Special Effect as a poker-deck sized playing card, featuring artwork on one side, and the effect’s description on the reverse. No more hunting through lists of effects, you can keep your favoured effects in its own hand, ready to consult or play as needed. The deck also includes cards representing Action Points and Luck Points, Fatigue and markers for various combat conditions.

All the new Special Effects found in Mythras are here, so if you don’t want to upgrade from RQ6, you can still get all the effects by buying the Combat Cards deck. Plus, the set comes with the deck in PDF form, so you can print off additional copies as needed – although the quality of these cards is beautiful, and far more desirable to use in play. The set has a guide book that describes different ways for using the cards, and explains the icons and colour coding used to differentiate between effect types.

This is a must-have accessory for all discerning Mythras players and GMs!

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/185 ... mbat-Cards

Price
Physical Card deck (55 poker sized cards, full colour): $15.00 (includes PDF guide booklet and card sheet)
Card deck PDF only: $10.00 (includes the PDF guide booklet)

Mythic Rome
Pete Nash’s Ennie Award winning book is back in print for Mythras! Updated for the Mythras engine, with new artwork and layout design, Mythic Rome is an exhaustive sourcebook for the Roman Empire during the Republic.

Mythic Rome encapsulates the dark and gritty past, allowing players to take part in the founding of Rome as a bandit on the Tiber; to overthrow the tyrant Tarquinius, the last of the 7 kings; conquer the rival Etruscan city states; watch the city be sacked by Gauls; battle Hannibal during the Punic Wars; take part in the malevolent Bacchanalian conspiracy; fight alongside Spartacus or against him; or choose sides during the civil war between Caesar and Pompey.

This invaluable book contains rules for everything from political standing to chariot racing, along with comprehensive Roman careers and guides for the weapons, armour and combat styles of Rome's legions and her enemies. Also included are obscure supernatural creatures and new magic systems to reflect the way magic works from the perspective of the Roman's themselves.

Continuing the quality and historical depth of the Design Mechanism's Mythic series, Mythic Rome stands as one of the best historical roleplaying supplements of all time, describing in intricate detail every aspect of everyday Roman life. Indeed, this book is packed with quotations written during the last days of the Republic, revealing shocking details of Rome the eternal city... a shining pinnacle of civilisation built upon a grisly foundation of crime, superstition, war and treachery.

Mythic Rome will be made available for preorders in early September. More details to follow.

Price
Print: $44.95 (includes free PDF when bought from us)
PDF: $15.00ImageImage
loz

Re: Mythras Now Available for Download & Preorder

Postby Gloranphile » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:04 pm

Payday can't come fast enough for me!
Longtime RuneQuest player, loving Mythras, currently running a game in Glorantha, using AiG rules.
Gloranphile

Postby raleel » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:05 pm

Good on you for the discount. Will be getting it when o get back to the hotel.
raleel

Postby Gloranphile » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:24 pm

BTW, anyone wondering what the drivethru deckbox option is for the Special Effects Cards: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/114 ... x-standard.

It's basically a clear plastic box that you can use to keep your cards organized. I believe it's made of acrylic plastic - I have one for another deck of cards I have and it works great.
Longtime RuneQuest player, loving Mythras, currently running a game in Glorantha, using AiG rules.
Gloranphile

Postby daniel_ream » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:34 pm

INVALID DISCOUNT MAX USES: THE SPECIAL DISCOUNT YOU ARE TRYING TO USE HAS ALREADY BEEN REDEEMED THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF TIMES ALLOWED

So, yeah.
"The gods envy us. They envy us because we’re mortal, because any moment may be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we’re doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again."
daniel_ream

Postby loz » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:35 pm

Gloranphile wrote:BTW, anyone wondering what the drivethru deckbox option is for the Special Effects Cards: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/114 ... x-standard.

It's basically a clear plastic box that you can use to keep your cards organized. I believe it's made of acrylic plastic - I have one for another deck of cards I have and it works great.

Yes it is - I have a couple and they're great. Excellent value for only $1.00 more (which doesn't go to us, BTW).
loz

Postby loz » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:40 pm

daniel_ream wrote:INVALID DISCOUNT MAX USES: THE SPECIAL DISCOUNT YOU ARE TRYING TO USE HAS ALREADY BEEN REDEEMED THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF TIMES ALLOWED

So, yeah.

Would you elaborate a little so we can look into this? 'So yeah' doesn't really tell me much, especially when I've just checked the discount settings and all looks fine. The discount we've emailed out via Mail Chimp is once per customer, so if you've tried to use it more than once, it won't let you - but if you send us some more context, we can investigate properly.

Many thanks.
loz

Postby hkokko » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:43 pm

Interestingly ordered both a printed and pdf deck but drivethrurpg only provided the guide pdf not the deck pdf... Who could help.
hkokko

Postby loz » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:51 pm

hkokko wrote:Interestingly ordered both a printed and pdf deck but drivethrurpg only provided the guide pdf not the deck pdf... Who could help.

Drop Drivethru a line using their Tech Support. The deck PDF is definitely up there. If that doesn't help, send me an email.
loz

Postby hkokko » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:55 pm

Will do - let's see
hkokko

Next

Return to Mythras