Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Mythras Now Available for Download & Preorder

Re: Mythras Now Available for Download & Preorder

Postby Druss the Axe » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:07 am

Thanks Loz
Druss the Axe

Postby CRKrueger » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:41 pm

At 1980x1050 resolution on a 27" monitor using PDF Xchange Reader with Fit Width, (231% Zoom), I believe the text of Runequest 6 Second Printing is somewhat sharper than Mythras, and a couple of players I asked to take a look agreed, but I have to really look for it to see it. On the iPad using Goodreader I see no difference.

I'm seeing nothing like what people are reporting with Acrobat.
CRKrueger

Postby Tathas » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:24 pm

loz wrote:Mythic Rome will be made available for preorders in early September. More details to follow.

Any details to share? :)
Tathas

Postby Druss the Axe » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:32 pm

Similar question from me too, could someone expand on the 'Mythic' part of Rome and give a few examples what it entails please?
Druss the Axe

Postby loz » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:32 pm

Druss the Legend wrote:Similar question from me too, could someone expand on the 'Mythic' part of Rome and give a few examples what it entails please?

While the book is historically accurate, there are extensive sections on religion, magic and creatures, treating all three as real things in Republican Rome, meaning that fantasy elements are extremely easy to add into a 'straight' historical campaign. There are also lots and lots of plot hooks for adventures, and each hook creates at least one - if not two - play sessions of several hours, so there's a LOT of adventuring potential.
loz

Postby Druss the Axe » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:35 pm

Sounds good to me!
Druss the Axe

Postby Rel Fexive » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:57 pm

I see that Mythras can now be ordered from Leisure Games in the UK, which provides PDFs via the Bricks & Mortar website. For reference, is it known how often they get updates to the PDF they make available, re: errata and corrections?
Rel Fexive

Postby loz » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:32 pm

Rel Fexive wrote:I see that Mythras can now be ordered from Leisure Games in the UK, which provides PDFs via the Bricks & Mortar website. For reference, is it known how often they get updates to the PDF they make available, re: errata and corrections?

They get the latest version of a PDF when its released. However, there is no mechanism that I know of within the Bits & Mortar system for notifying customers of updates.
loz

Postby gran_orco » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:45 am

How can we know if the pdf from your store has been updated?
gran_orco

Postby loz » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:28 am

gran_orco wrote:How can we know if the pdf from your store has been updated?

Not yet. Next weekend, most likely.
loz

PreviousNext

Return to Mythras