Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Mythras News, Summer 2016

Re: Mythras News, Summer 2016

Postby loz » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:42 pm

The subscription model has been tried several times; I know both Mongoose and Adamant had subscription products. It didn't end well.

I haven't looked into Patreon at all, and at the moment, don't have time to do so. Not dismissing it as a possible business model, but we actually have other priorities. In the future, perhaps we'll look at it again.
loz

Postby CRKrueger » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:14 pm

Loz, I think this has been asked and answered, but checking again...

Is there going to be a crazyass deluxe hardbound extraordinary version of Mythras I can throw money at? 8-)
CRKrueger

Postby loz » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:55 pm

CRKrueger wrote:Loz, I think this has been asked and answered, but checking again...

Is there going to be a crazyass deluxe hardbound extraordinary version of Mythras I can throw money at? 8-)

Probably not, but please don't let that be a barrier to throwing money at us.
loz

Postby umbraldragon » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:45 am

make it rain? :ugeek:
Certain mystes aver that the real world has been constructed by the human mind, since our ways are governed by the artificial categories into which we place essentially undifferentiated things, things weaker than our words for them.
- Gene Wolfe
umbraldragon

Postby Rel Fexive » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:27 am

loz wrote:
Rel Fexive wrote:Just looking at the Aeon Games Publishing site, it looks like a PDF isn't supplied when buying the Mythras hardcover from them - is that correct?

No, I believe that they will provide a PDF alongside the hard copy, but I'll do some checking.

Loz, did you hear anything back from them? I sent them a message as well but I've not heard anything back as yet.
Rel Fexive

Postby hkokko » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:05 pm

Does mid-august still hold as the date when we can get our paws on the electronic edition of Mythras and possibly the Super Secret Project....
hkokko

Postby loz » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:00 pm

hkokko wrote:Does mid-august still hold as the date when we can get our paws on the electronic edition of Mythras and possibly the Super Secret Project....

It does. The book is at the printers, and we're finalizing last proofing now. Once that's done we'll prepare the electronic copy and make it available alongside hard copy preordering. Super Secret Project will be announced at the same time we send Mythras live, so everything is on track.
loz

Postby Rubrum » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:19 pm

And Rome?
Rubrum

Postby loz » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:34 pm

Rubrum wrote:And Rome?

Pete is working on the proofing now. Layout is complete and it, too, will soon be going to the printer. The cover art is wonderful - very, very different to the Alephtar cover, and much more in keeping with Pete's vision for the book. We'll give a taster of that when we make all the various announcements.
loz

Postby umbraldragon » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:45 am

Anticipation is killing me! Argh! Ok, so...is there a release date yet? It would be nice to know... :D :ugeek:
Certain mystes aver that the real world has been constructed by the human mind, since our ways are governed by the artificial categories into which we place essentially undifferentiated things, things weaker than our words for them.
- Gene Wolfe
umbraldragon

PreviousNext

Return to Mythras