Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Mythras Imperative Now Available

Re: Mythras Imperative Now Available

Postby tunasalat » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:02 am

I am very pleased that Mythras Imperative is simpler and has less page count and content than RQ Essentials. This could encourage newcomers to give it a try, thank you for that! However it seems to me that Imperative lacks the rules for disengaging from combat if someone is fighting with one opponent. There are only Outmanoeuvre(which is only valid when engaged with more than one opponent) or Withdraw Special Effect(which is kind of a side effect of exceptionally good defense). But what if someone'd like to disengage and run for his life on his turn? There was an option to do this with "Change range" action, but there is no such action in Imperative. So maybe it would be better to rephrase Outmanoeuvre action or add some light version of Change range action or even introduce Withdraw action in Imperative? Some guideline on how to escape from combat early would be good IMHO.
tunasalat

Postby Matt_E » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:23 pm

This is one of those simplifications that MI has, it seems to me. There has to be a cutoff somewhere, and those rules didn't make the cut, apparently. This is fully detailed in the big rule book.
SECRETS OF BLOOD ROCK is here. Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!
Matt_E

Postby loz » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:51 pm

Sid Vicarious wrote:Do the existing RQ6 products get a re-badging as Mythras once the license lapses?

I can now happily confirm that yes, all our existing supplements will be rebadged with the Mythras logo.

This is already in progress for our PDFs and POD titles, but will extend to our print books too. Obviously the RuneQuest 6 core rules will be completely replaced with Mythras, but our existing stock will be rebadged on their covers with the Mythras logo and will continue to remain available.
loz

Postby Sid Vicarious » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:04 am

That's great to hear. I look forward to spending a large sum of money on a pile of Mythras hardcovers.
Sid Vicarious

Postby Bilharzia » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:55 pm

I just got a hard copy of Mythras Imperative, and RQ Essentials from Lulu. I didn't appreciate how meaty RQE is in hardcopy. I did some image enhancement with some alpha software from Tyrell, I was able to find the front view of the sorceress on the Mythras Imperative cover (she was reflected in the eye of the cyclops) ...

Bilharzia

Postby Atlatl Jones » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:49 pm

Lulu.com currently has a 25% off coupon code, LULU25, in case anyone wanted a hard copy of Mythras Imperative. I ordered a copy last week and am waiting for it to arrive.
Atlatl Jones

Postby Lurking Grue » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:56 am

Errata for the Mythras Imperative PDF: On page 8 (PDF reader p. 9) under Standard Skills, the skill entry and description for Deceit is missing.
Lurking Grue

Postby Vile » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:14 am

There's a Lulu sale with free shipping (so 2 copies of Mythras Imperative are now on their way to me):

Enter code SHIPSAVE16 at checkout to save 15% on all print books and get free mail shipping. This offer ends July 31st. Remember, coupon codes are CASE-SENSITIVE.
Vile

Postby Vile » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:09 am

... And here they are, looking pretty good.

Vile

Postby hkokko » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:44 am

There is mention of Dodge skill in Characters on page 9 but most of the rest of the rules talk about Evade.
hkokko

PreviousNext

Return to Mythras