Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Mythras (Imperative) differences to RQ6

Mythras (Imperative) differences to RQ6

Postby hkokko » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:31 am

Regain Footing in Mythras Imperative gives possibility to do so when engaged by rolling for it...

Ready Weapon - explains how to retrieve weapons not nearby...
hkokko

Re: Mythras (Imperative) differences to RQ6

Postby hkokko » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:33 am

We'll likely list the tweaks, but it's a short precis.

Clarified Falling Damage (yes, I was able to squeeze the clarification in while proofing the final file)
We've added-in SEs from the Firearms supplement
Added a couple of new effects such as 'Scar Opponent'
There are no changes to how any of the effects work
Reorganised Animism, and introduced a couple of things from AiG
Introduced Spirit Combat SEs

---these are from Loz

Noticed a small change in Luck Rolls between Mythras Imperative and RQ6. You can reroll or swap the numbers.
Another small one:

Regain Footing in Mythras Imperative gives possibility to do so when engaged by rolling for it...
hkokko

Postby raleel » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:37 am

there is a dice pool for calculating characteristics now. roll 19 dice, assign dice to attributes.
raleel

Postby hkokko » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:51 am

Blind Opponent SE in Mythras Imperative can have Hard of Formidable situational (it used to be tougher).

There are some special effects that are not on the Mythras Imperative list - maybe they exist in Mythras Full Version.
hkokko

Postby raleel » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:20 am

Passions are now "up to 3", and they have differing bonuses. first one is 40, second is 30, third is 20, and the base value is just stat+stat.

wording on augmenting with passions is different, though the value is the same (1/5th of passion). I like that it is specifically called out here. It also has several nice examples.

digging into it now, I see where all the extra space so as to allow the lower page count comes from. that column under the stylized W on each page must've been near 25% of the page space in the book.

close/Open range aren't in Imperative (I assume for simplification)

Stackability of special effects is not broken out. Instead, it's inferred from context. So, in the aforementioned Prepare counter, a Crit parry against someone might net you a couple of counters available to choose from. I like that a lot.
raleel

Postby hkokko » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:43 am

There is mention of Dodge skill in Characters on page 9 but most of the rest of the rules talk about Evade.
hkokko

Postby ThornPlutonius » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:21 am

hkokko wrote:There is mention of Dodge skill in Characters on page 9 but most of the rest of the rules talk about Evade.

Re-download the pdf. They initially linked the wrong version of it. Current one lists Evade instead of Dodge.
ThornPlutonius

Postby hkokko » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:02 am

Thanks.
hkokko

Postby hkokko » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:08 am

Ranged Situational modifiers list now

"Target partially obscured by cover, mist or twilight"
and
"Target mostly obscured by cover, thick smoke or fog"
hkokko

Postby Pat_Henry » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:59 am

Hm. I notice that Compel Surrender is gone as a Special Effect. Odd.

Was looking at Scar Foe and thinking that should only be allowed as a crit or as a narrative at the end of a combat, perhaps against a helpless or surrendered opponent. Then I noticed there is no longer a mechanical way to compel the end of a combat. I never used Compel Surrender against players, but I've sure recommended it to them as a handy maneuver
Pat_Henry

Next

Return to Mythras