Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Mythras Errata - Official Thread

Re: Mythras Errata - Official Thread

Postby soltakss » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:10 am

raleel wrote:
Tathas wrote:Another difference that I found between Imperative and the full rules is in luck point rerolls. The full book doesnt have the option to swap the 10's die and the 1's die.

that's new to Mythras entirely. It's not in RQ6. It is also my player's favorite option for luck points. They use it frequently. I'd say more than half of all luck points.

We have used this for a long time and my players love it. In fact, I played RuneQuest at Continuum this year and had several rolls that would have benefited from this, so I definitely missed it not being there.
Simon Phipp - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982.

RQ Merrie England (Medieval RPG): http://merrieengland.soltakss.com/

RQ/BRP: http://www.soltakss.com/index.html
RQ Alternate Earth: Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/alternateearthrq/
soltakss

Postby loz » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:15 am

soltakss wrote:
raleel wrote:
Tathas wrote:Another difference that I found between Imperative and the full rules is in luck point rerolls. The full book doesnt have the option to swap the 10's die and the 1's die.

that's new to Mythras entirely. It's not in RQ6. It is also my player's favorite option for luck points. They use it frequently. I'd say more than half of all luck points.

We have used this for a long time and my players love it. In fact, I played RuneQuest at Continuum this year and had several rolls that would have benefited from this, so I definitely missed it not being there.

And it is on oversight: it should be in Mythras core, too. I will ensure it's added.
loz

Postby Magister Ludi » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:09 am

p. 143, Curse, Experience Bonus. Even at a bonus of 0 the victim still gets his or her usual 3 Experience rolls.
p. 143, Curse, Strike rank should be renamed Initiative Bonus
p. 143, Disease. The condition ‚weakness‘ is not defined in the relevant table on page 75.
p. 217, (not really an erratum) Possession: this trait is no longer needed here as all spirits went to the Animism chapter
Magister Ludi

Postby CRKrueger » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:42 pm

So...with some of the errata not going to be in the First Printing, does that open up the possibility of a Special Collector's Slipcase Ligature Edition (errata included)? 8-)
CRKrueger

Postby loz » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:40 pm

CRKrueger wrote:So...with some of the errata not going to be in the First Printing, does that open up the possibility of a Special Collector's Slipcase Ligature Edition (errata included)? 8-)

Nice try...
loz

Postby groovyclam » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:51 pm

Atlatl Jones wrote:The second page of the character sheet at the back of the book has the page number superimposed over the bottom of the character sheet.

Same thing is happening at the top of the page too - just being belt and braces in reporting goofs.
groovyclam

Postby loz » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:46 pm

groovyclam wrote:
Atlatl Jones wrote:The second page of the character sheet at the back of the book has the page number superimposed over the bottom of the character sheet.

Same thing is happening at the top of the page too - just being belt and braces in reporting goofs.

All dealt with. We'll update the PDFs this weekend.
loz

Postby simonb1 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:46 pm

Hi Loz and Pete,

I went through the example character, Anathaym, and found several errors in the sidebars.

page 11. Sleight at 25% instead of Conceal at 23%.

page 17. Cultural points spent on Conceal not added. Shows 23% when it should be 28%.

page 21. Parents roll of 67 is in the range for Single Parent - Mother. I suggest changing the roll to 37 which will give the required answer.
Explain how a roll of 77 equals rival? I suggest adding the d4 roll to determine the connection type.

page 29. Same as page 17.

No example of spending the bonus skill points.

Yours

Simon
simonb1

Postby groovyclam » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:26 am

Post deleted
Last edited by groovyclam on Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
groovyclam

Postby Pete » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:31 am

Nice! Brought a smile to my face this rather depressing autumn day. Who made it? Perhaps Loz and I could use it officially...
The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras
http://www.thedesignmechanism.com
Pete

PreviousNext

Return to Mythras