Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Mythras Core Book Rule Questions

Mythras Core Book Rule Questions

Postby groovyclam » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:01 am

Animism question:

Question about Creature Bindings -

I presume if a spirit that is bound to a creature leaves the creature's body then the creature immediately dies ( because it's own spirit has been destroyed in the binding ) and thus the spirit is free to do what it wants then ?

Or am I left with a zombie creature that the spirit can return to ?

The corollary being that the spirit, whilst in the the creature, can only affect the creature itself and not other people or creatures e.g. if it was a spirit with the HEALING spirit ability it could only heal the creature it is bound to and not a third party, yes ?
Last edited by groovyclam on Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
groovyclam

Re: Mythras Core Book Rule Questions

Postby groovyclam » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:02 am

Animism question:

Question about replacing bound spirits -

Page 136, 1st column, 2nd paragraph, states: "The animist can also replace the spirit of a fetish with one of the same type of the same Intensity...etc."

Is that literally only a FETISH or is that ANY of the 3 bind types; fetish, creature, location ?
Last edited by groovyclam on Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
groovyclam

Postby groovyclam » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:24 am

Spirit Combat question:

The big difference in Spirit Combat in Mythras (if I am reading things right) is that Spirit Combat can take place on the Spirit Plane AND in the physical world (whereas in RQ6 it could only happen on the Spirit Plane) - correct ?

So I could release a bound spirit from my fetish to attack someone physically and they would have to defend (either via Binding, Willpower or magic use) or else try to run away, yes ?
groovyclam

Postby Pete » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:32 pm

groovyclam wrote:Is that literally only a FETISH or is that ANY of the 3 bind types; fetish, creature, location ?

Its any type of binding.
The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras
http://www.thedesignmechanism.com
Pete

Postby Pete » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:39 pm

groovyclam wrote:The big difference in Spirit Combat in Mythras (if I am reading things right) is that Spirit Combat can take place on the Spirit Plane AND in the physical world (whereas in RQ6 it could only happen on the Spirit Plane) - correct ?

Yes.

So I could release a bound spirit from my fetish to attack someone physically and they would have to defend (either via Binding, Willpower or magic use) or else try to run away, yes ?

See 'Spirits that Initiate Combat' box on p147. But otherwise, yes.
Pete

Postby groovyclam » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:23 pm

Thanks for the answers Pete - any thoughts on my questions in the first post about Creature Bindings?
groovyclam

Postby Pete » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:38 pm

Sorry about that, missed it.

groovyclam wrote:I presume if a spirit that is bound to a creature leaves the creature's body then the creature immediately dies ( because it's own spirit has been destroyed in the binding ) and thus the spirit is free to do what it wants then ?

Yes the creature dies. What the spirit does then probably depends on its attitude and the situation it finds itself in.

The corollary being that the spirit, whilst in the the creature, can only affect the creature itself and not other people or creatures e.g. if it was a spirit with the HEALING spirit ability it could only heal the creature it is bound to and not a third party, yes ?

Generally yes, that is the principle. There may be a few Spirit Abilities which could still affect others, such as Domination for example.
Pete

Postby groovyclam » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:24 pm

Thanks Pete
groovyclam

Postby gran_orco » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:30 am

One question about spirits. When I spend one experience roll to "upgrade" a fetish, do you mean the "amulet/object" or the spirit, too?
gran_orco

Postby Pete » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:45 am

gran_orco wrote:One question about spirits. When I spend one experience roll to "upgrade" a fetish, do you mean the "amulet/object" or the spirit, too?

Just the binding itself.
Pete

Next

Return to Mythras