Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Mythras Combat App

For information on Design Mechanism's rules and supplements

Mythras Combat App

Postby loz » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:03 am

A few people have asked when this will be available again at the Google Play store, and sadly we don't have an update for you. We'll be meeting with the developers in March and will discuss the app's future then (along with other online resources), but for now I'm afraid it won't be available and I've removed details of it from our store.

Our apologies for those who were interested in using the app. If you're looking for an alternative, our Combat Cards, while distinctly old-school, do help with Special Effect choices, and they can be bought through DrivethruRPG (http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/185 ... mbat-Cards).
loz

Re: Mythras Combat App

Postby shugal » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:40 am

Thanks for the update! I've had the habit to click on that link once or twice every month in case of a change...
shugal

Postby Jon Reinhardt » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:38 am

Hope you get it going again. It really helped to speed up combat, especially for new players. The combat card is looks good but they are not as fast. And need to be sorted for new players.
Jon Reinhardt

Postby Hasaph » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:32 am

My group and I are also wry interested in any developments here.

Here's hoping something comes of it.
Hasaph

Postby loz » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:54 am

The app's designer isn't in a position to do any updates at the moment for health reasons. We obviously hope the situation improves, but it will take some time.
loz

Postby Balsam Fir » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:18 am

Any chance down the road for an iOS version? I'm afraid I'm on the apple tree side of mobile devices. :D
Balsam Fir

Postby bluekieran » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:11 am

This app vanished before I started playing, it seems. What did it do, exactly?
bluekieran

Postby Hasaph » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:16 am

I believe it was an automated version of the Combat Cards deck.

So, it will filter the list of combat effects down to only those available to you based on your choice of weapons, whether you are attacking/defending etc...
Hasaph

Postby Jon Reinhardt » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:06 am

Its realy good. Sad its not around any longer.
Jon Reinhardt

Postby Hasaph » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:10 am

I have zero experience of coding but I thought this could be a doable project.

I've never seen the one we're talking about and I'm sure I won't manage anything that looks that nice but if I get anywhere I'll try to make it available.

What I have been looking to do is a pretty bare list of options.

I've just converted a D&D group to Mythras and I wanted something to help speed up the choices and familiarise everyone with their options.
Hasaph

Next

Return to Products and Releases