Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Mythic Rome. Waiting, Waiting.

Re: Mythic Rome. Waiting, Waiting.

Postby raleel » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:12 am

"It should also be noted that although the author spells some Roman names and words with the letter ‘J’, the Romans used the letter ‘I’ instead."

Ok Indy!
raleel

Postby loz » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:19 am

You can download the Rome city maps, in colour, from www.thedesignmechanism.com/downloads
loz

Postby Rel Fexive » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:04 am

Pete wrote:
Rel Fexive wrote:I have a question, actually - is there somewhere (either in that book or elsewhere, anywhere) some sort of one-page "here is what Roman society is like" summary that could be handed to players so they know roughly how Romans act and feel about certain aspects of their society? I think it could help maintain a slightly more authentic tone (if that is desired) if everyone was on the same page, pun intended.

Sadly not in the book. It takes 20 pages just to cover the salient points in the society section and there's a lot more scattered through subsequent chapters. :)

Heh. Maybe someone will find a way to summarise it at some point, even if it is devoid of explanations.
Rel Fexive

Postby Clarence Redd » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:35 am

Good work. You really are productive.
Clarence Redd

Postby Rubrum » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:29 pm

Is it normal that shipping rates to Canada (Quebec) are anywhere from 50 to 100$ no matter how many books I choose?

edit: I can get it to 25$ if I only pick Mythic Rome but when I add Mythras it goes to 50-100$

edit 2: I think I understand (?), it's because it wants to ship my stuff in two different packages since Mythic Rome is not ready to ship yet. Is there a way for me to order all the books I want, but only have them ship once Mythic Rome is ready (couple of months I guess), in one big package? That would save me the cost of a whole book... The thing is I could just wait until then to buy them all but I won't have the PDFs in the meantime :(

edit 3: Actually, I dunno. It just seems like the option for the cheaper shipping (First-Class Package International Service) vanishes when the base Mythras RPG core rule book is included... Which is what is hiking up the price the most.
Rubrum

Postby loz » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:00 pm

Postage is from the US and is based on weight. If you can wait (ho ho) a few days before ordering, we're working on a Canada deal via Canada Post. Mailing anything from the US to Canada is sadly horrendously expensive.
loz

Postby Rubrum » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:16 pm

As much as I really want to start reading all of this immediately, I will definitely wait if there's a way to save a bit of money. Please do keep us posted!
Rubrum

Postby loz » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:43 pm

Rubrum wrote:As much as I really want to start reading all of this immediately, I will definitely wait if there's a way to save a bit of money. Please do keep us posted!

We completely agree with you. I live in Canada, Pete lives in Sweden, so we both have quiet conniptions when we see the eye-watering cost of mailing our own books to ourselves. Our store software doesn't make life easier. It's automated and keyed to our warehouse, which is in the US. The software is keyed to the local postal service, so it automatically calculate best-way shipping, but only one shipping region is supported (i.e., US), which means we have to manually create a fresh set of rates for Canada, which we'll be doing this week. So yes, definitely worth waiting - it will be cheaper for you.
loz

Postby Belgath » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:20 pm

Well I have been reading Mythic Rome for 7 hours now and wow. Pete has really done a fantastic job here the detail he goes into will immerse your players in the world that is Rome.
Belgath

Postby umbraldragon » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:11 pm

Mabon wrote:Now I just need to be impatient for Mythic Greece an Mythic Mesopotamia (especially Mesopotamia) :D

Mesopotamia? That sounds intriguing. Mythic Assyria? Is that out of the question? Just saying... :ugeek:
Certain mystes aver that the real world has been constructed by the human mind, since our ways are governed by the artificial categories into which we place essentially undifferentiated things, things weaker than our words for them.
- Gene Wolfe
umbraldragon

PreviousNext

Return to Supplements