Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Mythic Rome Supplimental?

Mythic Rome Supplimental?

Postby Lucius Panderius » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:52 pm

A message for The Design Mechanism guys.
Reading the book and looking at the Armies of the Republic Chapter and their opposition over the Centuries I was wondering if there was in the works/pipeline Tables for any of the other opponents that the Romans fought from say after the End of the Punic Wars till the End of the Republic?
I'm thinking of the Eastern Armies of Mithradates of Pontus, (who just wouldn't go away), the Macedonians in the Third and Fourth Macedonian Wars under Philip V(?), the Armenians, Egypt, Palestine and the Parthians.
Especially the Parthians considering how successful they were several times against Roman forces.
Kataphrakt Armour in Mythras! How good would that be, and what value would you rate it?
Ze Churman tribes on the Rhine and in the endless forests of Germania will be similar to Gauls of the 1st Cent BC which would work until the end of 1st Cent AD I'm guessing?
For those wanting to be under the command of Varus?
The Gaulish Archetypes would also work for the Britons for those wanting to be in Britain during Boudicca's Revolt.
What a time that would be to RPG in no?
:)
Lucius Panderius

Re: Mythic Rome Supplimental?

Postby nclarke » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:32 am

You can get a 64 page outline of many of those cultures via Osprey Publishing's Armies books or others that they publish. That's more than enough to get anyone going for about a tenner (less as an ebook). They might not have the lists of Combat Traits and Weapon skills but then they are easy enough to extrapolate. There are books on Trasimene, Zama, Milvian Bridge, Catalaunian Fields, Alesia, Jewish Revolt, Boudicca's Rebellion, Teutoberg Forest, Mons Graupius, The Slave War (Spartacus), Actium, Philippi, Pharsalus, and Cannae. Each has eight pages of clour illustrations with a number of other pictures and line drawings so provide a godd pictorial introduction.

https://ospreypublishing.com/store/military-history/series-books/campaign

Their other books includes a series on Warriors with individual examples of the warrior with illustrations so the Roman Legionary is one that is great for showing players what a Roman soldier of the period looked like with all his equipment.
nclarke

Postby Pete » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:49 am

I'm very sorry, but there are no immediate plans for a Mythic Rome supplement. Although it would be fun, I simply have too many other projects I'm working on at the moment and have no spare time.
The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras
http://www.thedesignmechanism.com
Pete

Postby kracht » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:27 am

While we're on the subject, is there any chances to see these four adventures reissued for Mythras?

https://rpggeek.com/rpgitem/59066/veni-vidi-vici

Look super interesting, but I came too late to buy the PDF from Alephtar Games before their license expired.
kracht

Postby loz » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:08 am

kracht wrote:While we're on the subject, is there any chances to see these four adventures reissued for Mythras?

https://rpggeek.com/rpgitem/59066/veni-vidi-vici

Look super interesting, but I came too late to buy the PDF from Alephtar Games before their license expired.

No plans I'm afraid.
loz

Postby Lucius Panderius » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:46 am

Pete wrote:I'm very sorry, but there are no immediate plans for a Mythic Rome supplement. Although it would be fun, I simply have too many other projects I'm working on at the moment and have no spare time.

I thought it'd be fun too, hence the suggestion.
Ah well, it was a thought.
Lucius Panderius

Postby SDLeary » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:30 pm

Loz,

Wasn't it you that mentioned, on another forum, the possibility of sawing Pete in two, in order to double his output?

SDLeary
SDLeary

Postby Pete » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:26 am

My output is currently split four ways and you want me to further subdivide it!?! :) :P
The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras
http://www.thedesignmechanism.com
Pete

Postby SDLeary » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:56 pm

Anything to get more of those quality settings!
SDLeary

Postby hkokko » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:46 pm

Hope one of the subdivisions is something related to Monster Island or of equivalent deviousness+fun.
hkokko

Next

Return to Supplements