Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Mythic Rome Supplimental?

Re: Mythic Rome Supplimental?

Postby Pete » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:01 am

Good grief man, you mean the free scenario in the Jan-Feb issue of Fenix was not enough for you!? ;)
The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras
http://www.thedesignmechanism.com
Pete

Postby Bilharzia » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:01 pm

Lucius Panderius wrote:
Pete wrote:I'm very sorry, but there are no immediate plans for a Mythic Rome supplement. Although it would be fun, I simply have too many other projects I'm working on at the moment and have no spare time.

I thought it'd be fun too, hence the suggestion.
Ah well, it was a thought.

You should write it Lucius.
Bilharzia

Postby hkokko » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:58 pm

hmmm. google search says that fenix magazine site maybe hacked... Dare not take a look...
hkokko

Postby hkokko » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:14 pm

If somebody knows someone at speltidningen to ask them to get nonhacked... I could not find any address to contact and frankly dare not go to site that google says might be hacked...
hkokko

Postby Pete » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:50 pm

You mean you don't have a subscription? Shame on you! ;)

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras
http://www.thedesignmechanism.com
Pete

Postby hkokko » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:18 am

Hmmm. Well it contains Monster Island stuff from you - will have to subscribe. As soon as they unhack their website...
hkokko

Postby hkokko » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:18 am

Hmmm. Well it contains Monster Island stuff from you - will have to subscribe. As soon as they unhack their website...
hkokko

Postby Lucius Panderius » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:09 am

Bilharzia wrote:
Lucius Panderius wrote:
Pete wrote:I'm very sorry, but there are no immediate plans for a Mythic Rome supplement. Although it would be fun, I simply have too many other projects I'm working on at the moment and have no spare time.

I thought it'd be fun too, hence the suggestion.
Ah well, it was a thought.

You should write it Lucius.

I had thought about that. I have most of the Osprey books referred to in a previous post on this thread.
I also have a copy of Pax Romana written by Pete Nash waaay back in 2005. :)
Is a good place to start for an Imperial Rome setting.
Rome itself doesn't actually change that much from Augustus to say Constantine I.
The social aspects I mean. Politics, Social mores and customs, honour, the patron/client system all remained in their Republic form basically unchanged.
If you want?
The legions after being organised by Augustus after 70AD approx ceased to be Italian but were incredibly Roman in outlook and loyal to the idea of Rome.
Most legion recruits had never even seen or been to Rome in any way shape or form.
It's mainly the quite large assortment of barbarians at the gate their weapons and their combat styles that need to be added really for opposition and verisimilitude no?
I'm a bit busy myself but will try and put some ideas down when time permits.
Lucius Panderius

Postby soltakss » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:30 am

Most people in the Roman Empire at its height had never been to Rome, yet many identified as Roman.
Simon Phipp - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982.

RQ Merrie England (Medieval RPG): http://merrieengland.soltakss.com/

RQ/BRP: http://www.soltakss.com/index.html
RQ Alternate Earth: Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/alternateearthrq/
soltakss

Postby Matt_E » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:35 am

Yeah, I think we modern folks don't necessarily get the whole city-state mindset, never mind city-state-as-empire. Maybe New Yorkers are the closest thing, in the USA. (Hey, it's even the self-designated Empire State...) ;-)
SECRETS OF BLOOD ROCK is here. Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!
Matt_E

PreviousNext

Return to Supplements