Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Mythic Greece

For information on Design Mechanism's rules and supplements

Mythic Greece

Postby Nakraal » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:12 pm

Hi, Im totaly new to, not only the forums, but the game system itself.
As I'm preparing a Mycenaean campaign I asked around rpgnet forums for a recommended system+setting. People recommented Mythras and the upcomming Mythic Greece.

I checked the Mythras Imperative free rules and got impressed with the system.

I got a couple of questions. Will the Mythic Greece book be a stand alone product or is it setting alone? I mean, will it contain the Mythras ruleset as well or will I need to purchase the main book as well? Is there any thread or article holding a preview of the book?
And most importantly is there an approximate ETA for Mythic Greece?
Nakraal

Re: Mythic Greece

Postby loz » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:10 pm

Hi Nakraal - welcome to Mythras and the forum. I've been following the RPGnet discussion and it's great you've found your way here.

Mythic Greece is still being written. It will require the Mythras rules - most of our setting books do - so investing in a copy of the main rules is a good idea. However, you'll find that its already geared to the kind of flavour Mythic Greece will convey, so it'll be a decent investment.

As to timescales, I simply can't say. Late 2017 at the earliest is most likely, but obviously dates can change. It's certainly a book we'll be producing, but I'm afraid you'll need to wait a little longer for the finished article.

In the meantime though, we have several scenarios with a heavy Greco feel: Sariniya's Curse, Meeros Falling (both free, and the latter in the GM guide downloadable from www.thedesignmechanism.com/downloads) and the very soon to be released - like this weekend - Xamoxis' Cleansing will help you get even more used to the system.

And this is a very friendly forum, so you'll find there are lots of people willing and happy to answer any questions you have.

Welcome to the Tribe.
loz

Postby Nakraal » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:11 pm

Many thanks for the warm welcome. Separate core rules and settings is very reasonable and what was expecting anyways. In a way what I hoped too as I wanted one more reason to purchase the main book.
Again thanks for the welcome and the quick informative answer.
Nakraal

Postby Mankcam » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:35 am

Mycenaeans and the Mythic Age of Heroes fits Mythras like a glove, this setting is one union that the system has been born to do.
It's very doable just from using the core rulebook and any text book on Ancient Greece, but having an official version on the setting will be great.
Especially if the magic is tailored to the setting, just like in the Mythic Rome book (in fact, some of that could port over)
The concept of Glory should play a big role, and this may be a good opportunity to re-trap the honour/renown system ('On') from MRQ2 Land Of Samurai
I cannot wait for this release, this book will be a 'must have' for me - running The Iliad using Mythras will be a blast!
Mankcam

Postby xalabin » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:04 pm

Meanwhile, if you understand spanish, maybe you can get a copy of "mediterráneo mítico".
xalabin

Return to Products and Releases