Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Mythic Greece

Mythic Greece

Postby Druss the Axe » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:14 am

Yesterday I watched Clash of the Titans (2010), right now I'm watching Clash of the Titans (1981 - much preferred), and tonight I plan to watch Jason and the Argonauts.

I can hardly wait for Mythic Greece! Do we have an ETA?

Anyone know if Wrath of the Titans is any good?
Druss the Axe

Re: Mythic Greece

Postby raleel » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:26 am

don't forget 300!
raleel

Postby loz » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:32 am

Clash of the Titans (1981) is excellent.

Jason and the Argonauts is a classic.

The remake of 'Clash' and 'Wrath' should be expunged from cinematic history with fire and fury.

ETA? Not as yet.
loz

Postby Gloranphile » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:56 pm

Remake of 'Clash' and 'Wrath' should be expunged from cinematic history with fire and fury.

"This doesn't look like anything to me."
Longtime RuneQuest player, loving Mythras, currently running a game in Glorantha, using AiG rules.
Gloranphile

Postby Druss the Axe » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:06 pm

I'm in good company then :D

The way they tossed poor Bupo aside in Clash (10') like worthless trash is worthy of a flogging in and of itself!

I don't think I'll be bothering with Wrath anytime soon either.
Druss the Axe

Postby loz » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:11 pm

I really am of the opinion that anyone who thinks lashings of CGI effects (i.e., Hollywood producers) are in any way superior to the masterful stop-motion work of Ray Harryhausen, should be taken to a remote location and slowly flensed before being dipped repeatedly in salt.
loz

Postby Druss the Axe » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:26 pm

Whenever I have skeletons show up in our games, I always say, "They are moving in that stop-start jerky motion like in Jason and the Argonauts" The players are all like, "Yeah! :D " GM tool. Instant win. Works. Every. Time.

Special mentions for Sinbad and his many awesome voyages.
Druss the Axe

Postby Dan True » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:54 pm

loz wrote:I really am of the opinion that anyone who thinks lashings of CGI effects (i.e., Hollywood producers) are in any way superior to the masterful stop-motion work of Ray Harryhausen, should be taken to a remote location and slowly flensed before being dipped repeatedly in salt.

Your passion for exoric punishments continue to amaze me.

I am also amazed that I haven't seen or heard of a single movie referenced in this thread :s

But I am looking forward to Mythic Greece

- Dan
Dan True

Postby loz » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:14 pm

You HAVEN'T seen Jason and the Argonauts? Or Clash of the Titans? Or The Golden Voyage of Sinbad? of The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad? Or Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger?

Stop whatever you're doing right now and hunt them down. Do whatever you can to find all of them and watch them without delay.
loz

Postby Pete » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:19 pm

Good gods Dan. I hereby order you to turn to the back page of RQ6 and work your way through the movies listed there... at least the ones dated before the year you were born! :)
The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras
http://www.thedesignmechanism.com
Pete

Next

Return to Supplements