Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

M-SPACE RPG is launching today

Discussions on the M-Space setting and other publications by FrostByte Books.

Re: M-SPACE RPG is launching today

Postby Lucius Panderius » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:10 am

Hi.
Good news on the release of the book.
Have just purchased the PDF.
I look forward to reading it and be inspired to have a go at a space game.
Well done and Long may it continue.
:)
Lucius Panderius

Postby Clarence Redd » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:34 am

Thank you Lucius! I hope you will have a good time with your sci-fi scenarios.
Clarence Redd

Postby Clarence Redd » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:38 pm

Pelayo MDC wrote:I'm a little concerned about the PDF being a one week download. Do you have plans to make a shop in FrostByte web (nice name) so we'll get access to upgraded versions of it? Just in case of the book having any errata (maybe you'll rely on a public errata sheet).

Anyway, the book looks great!

Good question Pelayo. I think the best solution is to have a thread with errata here on the TDM forums. When there's an updated PDF once in a while, I can email a new download link to everyone. Does that sound ok?
Clarence Redd

Postby Pelayo MDC » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:58 pm

Clarence Redd wrote:Good question Pelayo. I think the best solution is to have a thread with errata here on the TDM forums. When there's an updated PDF once in a while, I can email a new download link to everyone. Does that sound ok?

Would be enough, but can become more complicated as M-SPACE becomes a best seller ;)

Here in DM, as they have a shop, they send a 100% discount code for the PDF so any buyer can download the new PDF from his (her) account. Maybe you can ask here.

I think it would be less work when you have your store ready but choose what's best for you, of course.

Greetings.
My G+ Profile profile
Pelayo MDC

Postby Vile » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:26 am

Pelayo MDC wrote:
Clarence Redd wrote:When there's an updated PDF once in a while, I can email a new download link to everyone.
Here in DM, as they have a shop, they send a 100% discount code for the PDF so any buyer can download the new PDF from his (her) account.

You have the PDF on DTRPG, so you could just send people a freebie coupon thingy. Then they can go and download the updated PDF from time to time.

By the way, skimming through the PDF while I wait for my hard copy, I'm seriously considering converting my current Blake's 7 RPG campaign to M-Space.
Vile

Postby Clarence Redd » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:11 pm

Hmm, yes - that sounds like a good idea. I will look into that.
Clarence Redd

Postby Lucius Panderius » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:29 am

Clarence Redd wrote:Thank you Lucius! I hope you will have a good time with your sci-fi scenarios.

Have showed it to a couple of other gamers, he's running another game at the moment with me and his wife as players (Numenera if you are interested in knowing. it's d20 and an interesting concept but.....) and he's a big fan for sci-fi rpgs she not so much. Generic sci-fi ones are hard to find and after looking at the system Lucie said it's something she could get into.
We were thinking about adapting the system to Star Wars, Firefly or even Babylon 5 universes.
My fave.
See how we go in the future.
:)
Lucius Panderius

Postby Vile » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:59 pm

Clarence Redd wrote:
Vile wrote:You have the PDF on DTRPG, so you could just send people a freebie coupon thingy. Then they can go and download the updated PDF from time to time.
Hmm, yes - that sounds like a good idea. I will look into that.

Another advantage is that we can all give it 5 stars on DTRPG, then. ;)
Vile

Postby Rel Fexive » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:21 am

I have ordered my paperback copy now, so looking forward to seeing how it looks and reads :)
Rel Fexive

Postby Pentallion » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:56 am

Got my hardcopy today. Lulu delivered quickly. This book looks so nice. Thank you so much guys.
Pentallion

PreviousNext

Return to M-Space (FrostByte Books)