Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Important Announcement: Future of RQ6

Re: Important Announcement: Future of RQ6

Postby gran_orco » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:16 am

Sorry to see the way Chaosium is handling RQ:G. Not even a mention about RQ6, Loz and Pete. Definitely, one step back. I think that they are mistaking the way to do the new RQ. Attack-defend-attack-defend until a critical hit to end the combat (cough-cough).
gran_orco

Postby ThornPlutonius » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:25 pm

Yeah, there were initial comments that suggested they were incorporating some of RQ6's combat, but more recent comments leave me wondering. It is looking more and more like they are drunk on going all retro (keeping it as RQ2 compatible as possible being a priority). Oh well. We'll see what eventually emerges.
ThornPlutonius

Postby skoll » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:36 am

I would be very interested in knowing how big part of RQ2 kickstarter backers did it only for nostalgic reasons, and how many are actually planning to play it.
Mythras Encounter Generator: http://skoll.xyz/mythras_eg/
skoll

Postby Galloglach » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:16 am

skoll wrote:I would be very interested in knowing how big part of RQ2 kickstarter backers did it only for nostalgic reasons, and how many are actually planning to play it.

I backed for the nostalgia and to show support for the new Chaosium, but I can't say I am happy with the path they are going down with RQ2.5
Galloglach

Postby Jakob » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:30 am

gran_orco wrote:Sorry to see the way Chaosium is handling RQ:G. Not even a mention about RQ6, Loz and Pete.

Yeah, that seems kind of disengenuous ... they're acting as if there never had been any RQ beyond 3; even though the hand-drawn character sheet looks as if they took at least some inspiration from intermittent versions (wasn't the "calculating skill bases from stats" thing something that came up with MRQ?).
The thing is that, from what I've seen, I'm actually looking forward to Chaosium's RQ. I'm curious how they'll incorporate the runes and hopeful that they will finally manage to make Glorantha a little more accessible for people like me who have the Guide at home, but simply don't know what to do with it at the playing table.

Still, RQ6 (or whatever it will be called) will be my system if I ever get around to playing Mythic Britain, and I'm eager for more historical settings along that line ...
Jakob

Postby nDervish » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:36 am

skoll wrote:I would be very interested in knowing how big part of RQ2 kickstarter backers did it only for nostalgic reasons, and how many are actually planning to play it.

I backed at the lowest level to get the core PDF out of historical curiosity, since I've never seen RQ2 beyond the front cover. I have no expectation of actually playing it, although I may scavenge some of the rules to incorporate into my RQ6 game.
nDervish

Postby ptingler » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:46 pm

I started with MRQ1 and backed it to add to my shelf with the other d100 games, so I guess neither for me.
ptingler

Postby Belgath » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:06 am

Yes I think Caosium is mistaking mistaking nostalgia, for desire to play the old rules. I sort of look at it this way an old model T Ford might be fun to look at and drive around the block. But you would starting to really get frustrated if that what you had to dive every day.
Belgath

Postby smjn » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:07 am

This is propably the wrong place to ask that if you want unbiased results. I certainly have no interest in playing RQ2 but neither do I have any nostalgia for it. I bought it of general interest and for support, because at that time I still believed Chaosium would make something interesting and/or useful in the future.
smjn

Postby Simulacrum » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:35 am

I definitely supported it out of nostalgia. What would have got me very excited was a kickstarter to republish the best of the old RQ supplements updated to the new (RQ6) rules.
Simulacrum

PreviousNext

Return to News