Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

hexagonal game mats

Feel free to discuss any general gaming topics, and any other games.

hexagonal game mats

Postby jezreel » Thu May 04, 2017 5:35 am

can anyone please suggest the best gaming mats/boards for mythras gaming using miniatures or otherwise to handle more complex combat/encounter/exploration situations?
jezreel

Re: hexagonal game mats

Postby raleel » Thu May 04, 2017 7:22 am

Dry Erase Hexagon Dungeon Tiles - Pack of 33 Six Inch Tiles https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MR1B2UF/re ... czbBEGZ0TX Found these via another game. I have some tac-tiles that I use, and we don't do hexes, but these ones are pretty close to what we have in hex format.
raleel

Postby Matt_E » Thu May 04, 2017 7:33 am

I use a big Chessex vinyl mat for overhead-projector markers (if you're old enough to remember what an overhead projector is...). You can buy them from Miniature Market, for example, in a range of sizes. They are not cheap, but they last forever.

My battle map has hexes, but they come with squares, too. If I had to do it over again, I would have got squares instead of hexes.

There are also a ton of nice printable battle maps available at DriveThruRPG, for example. I personally like the ones from Heroic Maps, and Lord Zsezse Works. They have some freebies that you can try out. There are also lots of free and PWYW battle maps for buildings, caves, etc. from other vendors at DriveThruRPG. Some of them are quite nice, and useful. For example, you can lay out a whole village at miniature scale by repeatedly printing out free commoner houses. The limiting factor becomes the size of your table...or floor...
SECRETS OF BLOOD ROCK is here. Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!
Matt_E

Postby Rubrum » Thu May 04, 2017 7:16 pm

I believe my Chessex vinyl mat has hexes on one side and squares on the other. Yay!
Rubrum

Return to General Gaming & Discussion