Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Gloranthan Cult One Pagers for RQ6

Gloranthan Cult One Pagers for RQ6

Postby hkokko » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:19 am

The latest link to one pagers is here: http://notesfrompavis.wordpress.com/201 ... main-page/

Here is a link to a stopgap measure that I created to support my own campaign in Glorantha until AiG is out. It might be useful for others as well. These are my interpretations and in no way official.

Created a draft one page summary of skills, folk magic and theist miracles for common Gloranthan cults.

For each cult or spirit society source is mentioned for the spell,miracle or skill that is not found in current RQ6 rules. Criteria for initiate, acolyte and rune status is mentioned as well.

For the spells and the description of the cults you will need to dive into Cult Compendium, Gods of Glorantha and Strangers in Prax - at least.

All of this will be superseded by the official rules once AiG is out.

Cults available are

Aranea
Argan Argar
Asrelia
Atyar
Babeester Gor
Bagog
Blackfang
Cacodemon
Caladra & Aurelion
Chalana Arroy
Donandar
Dormal
Eiritha
Ernalda
Etyries
Ernalda
Etyries
Eurmal
Flintnail
Gorakiki
Humakt
Issaries
Krarsht
Kyger Litor
Lanbril
Lhankor Mhy
Lodril
Magasta
Mallia
Maran Gor
Odayla
Orlant
Pamalt
Pavis
Pocharngo
Storm Bull
Than
Thanatar
Thed
Triolina
Tsankht
Ty Kora Tek
Vivamor
Wachaza
Waha
Xiola Umbar
Yelm
Yelmalio
Yelorna
Zola Fel
Zorak Zoran
Shaman Spirit Society
Strombull Spirit Society
Horned Man Spirit Society
Mallia Spirit Society
Waha Spirit Society
Oakfed Spirit Society
All of the above will likely change during my campaign and has gone thru just initial tuning.

For spell conversions take a look at gloranthaphiles more detailed conversion.

http://notesfrompavis.wordpress.com/201 ... s-for-rq6/
Last edited by hkokko on Wed May 28, 2014 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hkokko

Re: Gloranthan Cult One Pagers for RQ6

Postby sciencefish » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:49 am

An interesting quick fix for RQ6. I'm interested in why you didn't include some of the new updated info from the Moon Design books, for example:

Pavis & Flintnail are now sorcery cults.
Blackfang is now a spirit society.
Odayla & Stormbull is now mixed Theism and Spirit.
Lhankor Mhy is now mixed Theism and Sorcery.

You have Waha as mixed Theism and Spirit, which although not yet in print will reflect that. Eiritha is marked as a spirit society but has only theistic elements - as with Waha it will have both.
sciencefish

Postby hkokko » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:35 am

Have not yet got around to Pavis book tunings :-) This got little out of hand - I just meant to have Orlanth, Lhankhor Mhy and Stormbull checked for my campaign before my players get back to a place which would have a temple for them.

In the material that is on the site is eiritha as a spirit society and eiritha as a cult - meant to be used together. Stormbull has the same - cult plus spirit cult. Same goes for Waha. Odayla will be the same.

There will be another round that has more cults and links to source material. will be concentrating on north coast of Pamaltela for awhile.

Will be checking the Pavis book later. If somebody has created sorcery orders for Pavis, Lhankhor Mhy and Flintnaul will gladly adopt. Otherwise will start inventing
hkokko

Postby gran_orco » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:44 am

Great job! It will be very useful while we wait the official version. That is almost what I want to see in AiG.
Don't forget MRQ2 cults like Vinga ;)
gran_orco

Postby hkokko » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:33 am

Vinga is coming very soon. done already based on Tradetalk version
hkokko

Postby hkokko » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:30 pm

New post with several new cults, new look and feel, new sources of information included. For example Vinga included.

http://notesfrompavis.wordpress.com/201 ... 6-take-two

Spirit societies pages stayed the same.
hkokko

Postby superc0ntra » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:35 am

Great work! Any way to collect all in one pdf or zip? (Lazy me)
superc0ntra

Postby hkokko » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:11 pm

One PDF to rule them all? Have to take a look at that. Currently the tool that I am using to generate the PDF's has a bug that prevents printing all of them at the same go - have to print them to separate files one cult at a time to have the correct look. Lame. Will take a look can something be done for that with the next version of the tool.

Anyway here is the new batch.

7 Mothers and Aldrya are now split into sub cults. The following cults now show the missing rune spells (the new look and feel had dropped the rune spells third column):
Eiritha
Ernalda
Yelmalio
Gorakiki
Issaries
Kyger Litor
Lhankor Mhy
Lodril
Orlanth
Pamalt
Storm Bull
Xiola Umbar
Zorak Zoran
hkokko

Postby superc0ntra » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:13 am

My only problem is when printing there are a lot of pages just listing a few sources. Since source is on page one maybe write the source there instead of just a reference number.
Other than that I think you've done some great work here and it has helped me a lot in my current campaign.
Thanks!
superc0ntra

Postby hkokko » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:16 am

The prob is that this is published from a database and data varies a lot between cults. So cannot easily make them fit on one page. Will be experimenting what can be done.

One way to attack this is only to print the first page if you truly want to print
hkokko

Next

Return to Glorantha