Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Glorantha at TDM to be Locked

Glorantha at TDM to be Locked

Postby loz » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:23 am

As you know, Design Mecanism's license for RuneQuest ends in mid July. From the 11th July 2016, the Glorantha discussion section of this forum will be locked; no new posts will be accepted, although we will not be removing the posts for the time being.

There is plenty of RuneQuest Glorantha related discussion happening at BRP Central, and we would therefore direct all future posts to http://basicroleplaying.org.
loz

Re: Glorantha at TDM to be Locked

Postby Gloranphile » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:56 pm

:(

A sad day indeed, but I hope that we can keep the great conversations and information in these soon-to-be-locked threads.
Longtime RuneQuest player, loving Mythras, currently running a game in Glorantha, using AiG rules.
Gloranphile

Postby loz » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:32 pm

Gloranphile wrote::(

A sad day indeed, but I hope that we can keep the great conversations and information in these soon-to-be-locked threads.

We can keep everything posted, it just can't be an active discussion any longer. The RQ license holders are keen to promote discussion on BRP Central, and so we've agreed to freeze discussions here and on our G+ community too.
loz

Postby Rubrum » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:43 pm

I know it's not your fault but I kind of find this a little grating. So on the Mythras forums we can talk about every possible universe but not Glorantha... Just doesn't sound right to me.
Rubrum

Postby AmazingOnionMan » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:03 pm

Well, promoting discussion on BRP Central is always good. Dictating its removal elsewhere is not.
And why would they actively shut down discussions that would ultimately earn them publicity and sales? This doesn't affect me in the slightest as I have little interest in Glorantha, but it does make me question the management of Chaosium.
AmazingOnionMan

Postby Pentallion » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:45 am

In my Stormbringer, Star Wars, Classic Fantasy, Arkwright Glorantha campaign that I make weekly Game Reports on, we ARE going to Glorantha eventually for a short visit. Am I forbidden to discuss the campaign during that stretch or are TPTB over at Chaosium going to give this site a wee bit of leeway?
Pentallion

Postby Dan True » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:59 am

Rubrum wrote:I know it's not your fault but I kind of find this a little grating. So on the Mythras forums we can talk about every possible universe but not Glorantha... Just doesn't sound right to me.

Well, they haven't demanded that the TDM forum ban all discussion of Glorantha - that is outside their juristiction. But there's a difference between having a Glorantha-specific sub-forum and having the occasional "I wan't to use Mythras for Glorantha" or "I wan't to use X rule from RQ7 Glorantha" thread pop up among the other discussions on settings. In that regard, they won't be different than discussions on Eberron, Stormbringer or Harn.

- Dan
Dan True

Postby skoll » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:08 am

To be fair, for purely Glorantha-specific discussion, BRP-forum seems to be better nowadays, as all the experts are there. That again, I like this forum better.
Mythras Encounter Generator: http://skoll.xyz/mythras_eg/
skoll

Postby Pete » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:27 am

Dan True wrote:Well, they haven't demanded that the TDM forum ban all discussion of Glorantha - that is outside their juristiction. But there's a difference between having a Glorantha-specific sub-forum and having the occasional "I wan't to use Mythras for Glorantha" or "I wan't to use X rule from RQ7 Glorantha" thread pop up among the other discussions on settings. In that regard, they won't be different than discussions on Eberron, Stormbringer or Harn.

We have been requested to cease hosting a Glorantha specific forum. Whilst you are correct that incidental references to Glorantha are technically beyond their jurisdiction, it might be wiser to try to avoid such references in the future so that Loz and I are not placed in a difficult situation.

BRP Central is the place for Glorantha related commentary from now on. If you wish to discuss published MRQ/MRQ2 Gloranthan material, then I believe the Mongoose forums are still available.

Thank you all for your understanding.
The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras
http://www.thedesignmechanism.com
Pete

Postby ThornPlutonius » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:27 am

I understand the explanation and respect the choices being made in this. Still, it does not sit well with me.

Peace.
ThornPlutonius

Next

Return to Glorantha