Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

GenCon 2015

GenCon 2015

Postby loz » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:13 am

Why, it's just around the corner...

http://www.gencon.com/

Design Mechanism will be at GenCon 2015 again. Both Pete and I will be there, running games, hosting panels and delighted to chat about all things RuneQuest. We'll have our full selection of games for sale and we'll be running Adventures in Glorantha, Luther Arkwright and perhaps some Mythic Britain.

This year, we're sharing part of the space occupied by our old, old friends Chaosium. I'm thrilled that we're going to be close neighbours this year, because it means that we're close to Charlie, Megan and Mike Mason, but also Sandy Petersen and the Petersen Games crew who will be demoing Cthulhu Wars and Gods' War. It should be a blast.

But we need your help. If there are any Design Mechanism regulars going to GenCon who'd like to help us run RQ6 scenarios, please get in touch with me via PM ASAP. We want to extend our game coverage and we will supply you with...

Scenarios and pregens for the game(s) you'll run
Free product from our booth
Our eternal gratitude

Looking forward already to the Best Four Days in Gaming (TM).
loz

Re: GenCon 2015

Postby Kaledor » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:20 am

We missed your game session last year at GENCON 2014. I was wondering if I could set something up on the side for my group. There will be six of us showing up at GENCON this year.
Kaledor

Postby loz » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:31 am

Kaledor wrote:We missed your game session last year at GENCON 2014. I was wondering if I could set something up on the side for my group. There will be six of us showing up at GENCON this year.

It's unlikely. Both Pete and I have very full agendas for the whole of the GenCon week, alternating between booth duty, running games, and meetings with a variety of people. What I would suggest is that you come and see us at our booth as early as you can and see if there's an opportunity one evening - but we can't guarantee it. We actually get very little free time as it is!
loz

Postby Leg o' Lamb » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:14 pm

This is awesome news! A bigger footprint and right next to the entrance to the dealer hall means I won't get lost looking for you all. Fantastic! I must remember to bring my RQ6 hardcover for you to sign.
Leg o' Lamb

Postby Belgath » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:39 pm

How many of the day's do most visitors attend? As in should I buy the 1, 2, 3 or 4 day pass?
Belgath

Postby loz » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:01 pm

Belgath wrote:How many of the day's do most visitors attend? As in should I buy the 1, 2, 3 or 4 day pass?

This is an impossible question to answer. It depends on how much gaming you want to do, whether you have accommodation, what you want to attend, budget, etc etc. Saturday is a busy day, often due to families, but it is busy all the way through the convention.
loz

Postby Belgath » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:14 am

So it looks like your Booth will be 2535, at GenCon. Still hoping to be able to make it have the badge just not sure if I can get work off yet. Man you're events sold out fast. When you're running your games or others allowed to stand around quietly and listen in?
Belgath

Postby hkokko » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:21 pm

Managed to juggle quite a few flights and now will be visiting GenCon on Saturday and Most likely part or most of Sunday. Would be fun to meet fellow Glorantha fans - who will be there?
hkokko

Postby Belgath » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:53 pm

I should be there on Saturday and Sunday but if anybody's interested it might be fun to get together on Saturday evening hotel lobby or some place and Play some AiG.
Belgath

Postby loz » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:16 pm

Belgath wrote:So it looks like your Booth will be 2535, at GenCon. Still hoping to be able to make it have the badge just not sure if I can get work off yet. Man you're events sold out fast. When you're running your games or others allowed to stand around quietly and listen in?

There'll be more on our booth shortly. We will be sharing with Chaosium, despite what it might say in the program.

When it comes to games, standing around quietly and listening is fine with me, but might not be with other players who have paid to be in the game, Plus, some of the rooms are very full and space can be at a premium so it's not recommended.
loz

Next

Return to Conventions