Welcome
Welcome to designmechanism

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

GenCon 2015

Re: GenCon 2015

Postby loz » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:17 pm

Belgath wrote:I should be there on Saturday and Sunday but if anybody's interested it might be fun to get together on Saturday evening hotel lobby or some place and Play some AiG.

Pete and I always pleased to meet the people who buy our games and supplements. It's rare that we have a free evening, but we do hope lots of you will get together to play impromptu games!
loz

Postby Gloranphile » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:39 am

Wish I was going, but with the newborn, I knew my time wouldn't allow it. You RQers have fun there!
Longtime RuneQuest player, loving Mythras, currently running a game in Glorantha, using AiG rules.
Gloranphile

Postby Belgath » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:48 am

Is Design Mechanisms going to be there on Sunday the family fun day? Gen Con's description of Sunday seems rather limited.
Belgath

Postby loz » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:17 am

Belgath wrote:Is Design Mechanisms going to be there on Sunday the family fun day? Gen Con's description of Sunday seems rather limited.

Yes we are.
loz

Postby hkokko » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:56 am

Could there be an official Zoku tribe image and Runequest Players tribe. Would create one but they require image and all the other tribes (D&D, Cthulhu etc have official looking cool image)....

"What if gamers could identify everyone in a 300-foot radius of them that plays their favorite games? With the free Zoku app, they can. In fact, the gaming community is already one of the most popular on Zoku!

It’s simple: download the Zoku app, identify your passions by joining tribes that interest you (or create your own tribes), then venture out into the world. Zoku continually scans people within 300 feet of you and notifies you if someone with a similar interest is in your vicinity. You can then message that person and connect in real life.

And the best part is that Zoku doesn’t need a network connection to work. You can even be in airplane mode. Zoku works offline, off the radar, and underground. Zoku is particularly useful at events like festivals or conferences such as Gen Con. In a sea of gamers, the Zoku app can help the like-minded connect, no matter if their interests are obscure or mainstream."

It seems to work at least with iOS devices.
hkokko

Postby loz » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:54 am

Design Mechanism will be sharing space with Chaosium, Moon Design and Petersen Games, at GenCon 2015, so you'll find us at the Chaosium booth rather than the one noted in the convention book. We'll be using the advertised booth for meetings and demo games.

Drop by and see us!

July 30th - August 2nd.

Loz and Pete
loz

Postby loz » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:43 am

GenCon next week, and The Design Mechanism will be there with our full range of books, inlcuding Mythic Britain, Luther Arkwright and Adventures in Glorantha Preview. We have Mr Chad Bowser running fast demos of the RQ6 rules, and we have panels too.

You can find us in two places this year! We're sharing space with our good friends Chaosium (#501) and Moon Design Publications (#2535). We look forward to seeing you.
loz

Postby Matt_E » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:25 am

Have a great time, Loz. Part of me wishes I could go to shake your hand, but the rest of me, including my wallet, is glad to be home... I hope you sell out, and make a bazillion converts.

I think it's very good to be accessible at two booths, and far apart. You have a better chance of meeting more people (assuming that not exactly the same crowd will visit both Chaosium and Moon Design...maybe a poor assumption :-)).
SECRETS OF BLOOD ROCK is here. Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!
Matt_E

Postby Dreameister » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:33 am

Have a great con!

Cheers,
Marko
Dreameister

Postby hkokko » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:34 am

Notes From Pavis (and a RQ Encounter Generator content creator ) will be visiting GenCon 2015 over the weekend. Mission: Get the Adventures in Glorantha. Preparing for the visit... my first one... Looking forward to talking with all the Glorantha and RQ fans and creators out there...

https://notesfrompavis.wordpress.com/20 ... es-gencon/
hkokko

PreviousNext

Return to Conventions